Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well technically in Watertown, MA but close enough. Just a quick hello and intro from a new (yesterday) Pro-4X owner. Pics to follow. Anyone else out there around these parts? The name is Alexander btw.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Welcome From Westfield,ma!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks westfield!

i noticed you put an aftermarket cai on your truck. i am looking to put a volant cai on mine. they said i might void the warranty at the dealer, but i never played by rules so any suggestions or problems i may run into? i read that some guys were having trouble fitting the damn thing into the alloted space so before i go and purchase one, just thought i might ask someone in the know.

·
Registered
272 Posts
i noticed you put an aftermarket cai on your truck. i am looking to put a volant cai on mine. they said i might void the warranty at the dealer, but i never played by rules so any suggestions or problems i may run into? i read that some guys were having trouble fitting the damn thing into the alloted space so before i go and purchase one, just thought i might ask someone in the know.
i had no problems with a install on the airaid took about 15 min , great product... you will get about the same performance out of any CAI so if you are pinching pennies you cant go wrong with the airaid.... as far as the warranty goes... of course the dealer will say that, they just want you to buy the nismo CAI !!! by law the dealer has to prove that if there is a failure any ware they have to prove it was b/c of the CAI... so as long as you don't suck in gallons of water so should be good there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
funny you should say that...

because that is exactly what they tried to sell me when i asked at the parts dept! only the nismo model! anyhow, i am trying to find a local shop who can put the new cai in for me. btw, where do you go 4 wheeling?

·
Registered
272 Posts
because that is exactly what they tried to sell me when i asked at the parts dept! only the nismo model! anyhow, i am trying to find a local shop who can put the new cai in for me. btw, where do you go 4 wheeling?
dude install it yourself ... its not that hard you just have to make sure not to harm the mass air flow sensor , a shop will prob charge you at least $30-$40 bucks to put it on.... i go wheeling at east mountain in westfield... some dude used to have a sick jeep and he wheeled it all the time on his land , but now he had a kid so he has to save $$$ but he still lets the locals rip up the trails, so if you are ever in western mass lookin for something to do, hit me up ill show you around

1 - 8 of 8 Posts