Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at a used 06' Nismo with 35k on it. Crew cab short box 18,500. Is this a good buy? 4x4 automatic trans.

Would I be better off purchasing an NON Nismo if my plan is to upgrade some goodies? Such as... And boy could I use some advice from someone practical.

Truck will be kept in Bozeman MT at my condo. Will be travelling off road as often as I can so....

I'd like a small lift kit ... Can I make use of the stock shocks and springs with 35k on them or would I be better off upgrading them at the same time.

I guess what I'd like is some good advice on what needs to be done at a minimum to make for a good experience without trashing the truck and without spending unnecessary money for basic upgrades.

In other words if you had to do it all over again, what advice can you give me before I start spending money here. I also plan to haul a small trailer with a couple of motorcycles down the road...

Thanks a million guys.

·
Registered
431 Posts
i have an se and wish i would have bought the nismo just for the locking rear diff.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I have an 06 which I purchased new. It has been a very good truck. Its got fewer miles than the one you are looking at and I probably couldn't get 18.5K for mine. Yours is 4x4 too so sounds pretty good depending on how everything else looks.

Good luck and enjoy.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Yeah, I have to say that 18,500 sounds too high. mine was about similar to yours, 5000k more miles, just not Nismo. I got mine for under 15,500, I don't think the locking axle is worth the extra 3k, especially when you could go arb for $1000. I would say keep searching or work him down to around 16k.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Newbee just bought truck

OK, I passed on the 06' Nismo CC 4x4 with 45k on it for $19k and bought the same with 60k for 16k. Had to make a decision and that's where I'm at now. Truck is in excellent condition in and out. Has brand new Revo AT's as well. What it does not have is a Rockford Fosgate sound system nor a trailer hitch tow package. So my question is twofold. One is regarding the sound system. Can anyone recommend an affordable solution for better sound. And the other is what hitch and where to buy one. I understand I'll need a factory electrical plug kit for the lights. Anyone have a part number or a price so I don't get ripped by a dealer.

The are there any 'must have's" for upgrades such as KN airfilter, or other goodies.

Also, although the owner took excellent care of the vehicle including recent dealer service to the tune of $900, should I be changing fluids such as differential, trans, motor just for the sake of knowing it's done right. And if so, can anyone tell me what fluids to put where and how much of ea.

Thanks a MILLION!!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fluide

D'oh, yep should have known that. Just a wee bit excited about the new truck as you can see. Thans Jeff

1 - 12 of 12 Posts