Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there new forum. I am selling my car tonight and am looking for a frontier. I want a 4 door 4x4 and I have around 10K to spend so prob end up with an 01-02 model with 80-120K miles on it.
Is there a buyers guide or anything I can read to look for issues?
I saw one with leather and mostly black interior and I really dig it but they seem rare as I've only seen one like that.

Heres the car Im selling tonight:

And my daily driver that I will sell after I get a frontier that will probably fund an older bmw e30 for a project.

I cant drive anything stock so I will have to mod the frontier and I hope to contribute to the forum as much as I can.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Welcome to CF and good luck finding a Frontier. I must admit I almost burst out loud when I read your user name!

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
Nice bimer and I think your making a good choice on the Frontier. These trucks never really had serious problems or a recall issue. I have a 2000 CC that I got when I was a sophomore in HS nearly 7 years ago during which I have abused it but maintained it well and have had no issues. The only things that come to mind as far as issues is that the drive shaft carrier bearing will inevitably need replacement at some point and if you lift or just wheel it hard the idler arm, centerlink, and tie rods will begin to fail as this is a weakpoint in these trucks.

The one with leather you saw was more than likely a supercharged SE edition. Where are you located? and is that yota 4x4? I am looking to buy one this summer.

Good luck finding your fronty!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice bimer and I think your making a good choice on the Frontier. These trucks never really had serious problems or a recall issue. I have a 2000 CC that I got when I was a sophomore in HS nearly 7 years ago during which I have abused it but maintained it well and have had no issues. The only things that come to mind as far as issues is that the drive shaft carrier bearing will inevitably need replacement at some point and if you lift or just wheel it hard the idler arm, centerlink, and tie rods will begin to fail as this is a weakpoint in these trucks.

The one with leather you saw was more than likely a supercharged SE edition. Where are you located? and is that yota 4x4? I am looking to buy one this summer.

Good luck finding your fronty!

Thanks!
I have also had to replace the steering stuff on my yota since its ifs too. easy stuff though.
The yota is 4x4 22re xcab.. wrong coast though!

Are the Supercharged models just as reliable?

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
As far as I know, Yes. Same motor but with a supercharger that gets you another ~20hp. Of course you have some added maintenance though.

And yeah, KY is probably a little more than I am willing to drive to buy a car.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Get a 2nd generation (2005+). With 120,000 miles, you can get one for less than 10k.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Welcome to the club!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey hey I sold my car months ago but ending up buying another car thinking I could make my yota last longer. Well i really miss driving a truck and the yota has no ac right now so its been sitting for a while. I bought an 07 jetta that I will be now selling to fund my frontier. Ive done quite a bit of research and Im sure thats what I want this time around.
Gotta have crew cab, 4x4 and a v6 would like to have an auto so that its easier to launch a boat. Im hoping to get a good deal over the winter on a pontoon.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Never hurts to spend a little $$$ to have a Nissan Mechanic look it over,

Never drove a 2nd gen, but the 1st gen's are solid rig's

·
Registered
9 Posts
just bought an '01 4x4 crewcab supercharged

I love this truck. Have you tried autotrader.com? I found mine local for around the price range you are looking at. It has the black leather interior..very nice. You will love it if you find one.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love this truck. Have you tried autotrader.com? I found mine local for around the price range you are looking at. It has the black leather interior..very nice. You will love it if you find one.
Black on black would be perfect!
Not too many local but plenty that I would have up in louisville. Its 2 hours away a but I used to live there so not a big deal.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts