Nissan Frontier Forum banner
81 - 100 of 168 Posts
Discussion starter · #81 · (Edited)
Two things.. that honking battery took the focus off anything else you had going there, but I guess it was the focal point! LOL
and have fun with those extra Christmas lights you unexpectedly agreed to.😊

nice work!
Thx MINI, appreciate it. It is quite the focal point, she truly is a beast, 59.4# of powerhouse lead plates.
And the Christmas lights, shhhhhhh, that's our little secret but that's how I sell a lot of these mods to the Boss. Show her she gets a benefit too & she approves them, like the side-steps, she's only 5'3" and my mom's like 5'2" so they appreciate it. And they gave me a nifty place to mount 5' long puddle lamp LED strips. See, it all works out in the end LOL.

And the other day at Advance Auto, I returned the core for the battery upgrade and they gave me an on-the-spot one-day-only 20% off coupon, so she suggested a new 800w DC to AC inverter. Well, how could I turn that down when she's suggesting new jewelry for the Mistress? Walked out with it in hand, plus some other stuff I needed for routine maintenance items.

Reactions: MiniDuti
Thx MINI, appreciate it. It is quite the focal point, she truly is a beast, 59.4# of powerhouse lead plates.
And the Christmas lights, shhhhhhh, that's our little secret but that's how I sell a lot of these mods to the Boss. Show her she gets a benefit too & she approves them, like the side-steps, she's only 5'3" and my mom's like 5'2" so they appreciate it. And they gave me a nifty place to mount 4' long puddle lamp LED strips. See, it all works out in the end LOL.
And as she says.. she's got you on tape.. well Online that is..

Discussion starter · #83 ·
More electrical items means more electrical distribution systems and fuses. Now I have 12 extra subcircuits available, 6 HaT and 6 ignition switched. Rear bed power outlet set, both USB and 12v are now on here, as well as Yaesu FT8900r HAM radio on both HaT and ignition switched with a two-poled operation selector, and powered rear window project will be next.

Discussion starter · #84 ·
Parts I & II were the installation of the Yaesu radio chassis itself, and just had a cigar lighter plug hooked to the harness. So decided to get creative when it came time to hardwire, now with a DPDT ON_OFF_ON rocker switch to select no power at all, ignition switched power or hot at all times / direct battery. Worked out quite nice if I say so myself.

Reactions: raine
Discussion starter · #87 ·
Too dark under the tonneau cover, so time to do something about it ...........

Looks like Stevie's back from suspension and already working on another one....................lol
Yep... just click "report" and let the mods deal with it

Discussion starter · #89 ·
After installing lift shackles, I needed to deal with the fact that the airbag mounts were now too short, so I fabbed up some 2" lift spacers to get the bags back to their correct ride height and not be hyperextended.

Discussion starter · #91 ·
Are you using a smartphone to film all your footage?
Most, yes. My DSLR had too much lens motor noise, it was evident in the audio. I plan on upgrading video equipment some time second half of this year.
All the off-road video footage is all HeroCams, 3+ Blacks and a 4 Black.

Most, yes. My DSLR had too much lens motor noise, it was evident in the audio. I plan on upgrading video equipment some time second half of this year.
All the off-road video footage is all HeroCams, 3+ Blacks and a 4 Black.
Most current smartphones are more than capable of excellent footage... I just asked because the last video was shakey all the way through, and could have been super smooth with just some small stabilization. For $99 you could get a Dji Osmo Mobile 3 and immediately get rid of that constant shake. I have a couple friends who use that with their smartphones and it's such a bargain for the results it gives.

Discussion starter · #93 ·
Most current smartphones are more than capable of excellent footage... I just asked because the last video was shakey all the way through, and could have been super smooth with just some small stabilization. For $99 you could get a Dji Osmo Mobile 3 and immediately get rid of that constant shake. I have a couple friends who use that with their smartphones and it's such a bargain for the results it gives.
Thx for that, I'm checking out their website now.

Discussion starter · #94 ·
I monologue on ripping CDs and DVD audio, JRiver Media Player 28; FLAC vs MP3, $50,000 dollar turntables and Capitol Audiofest, Rockville MD.

Discussion starter · #96 ·
Got around to culling the around 11 hours of raw footage we shot in Maine, running the lumber hauling trail "the Golden Road" from Millinocket ME to the Canadian Border with a side trip on the imaginatively named "Loop Road". The border crossing was far less impressive than I'd expected, considering it's actually "defending" our Northern Border, it didn't even have a gate, just a small guardhouse on the US side and camera's mounted on utility poles on the Canadian side. We saw a crane ( the bird, not the machine ), two deer that are far larger than their southern state's cousins ( guesstimate around 200+# each, the record being a 400# Buck and standard range 200 to 300 ), and a Fisher Cat, but still no daggone Moose. They're hiding from me. And oh yeah, 120k# logging trucks. Seven to Eight axle's each.

Discussion starter · #97 ·
Bed lighting / under tonneau cover project came out well, but there were two strip ends in the far back corner hanging down, as the OE length of the strips provided was too long. Finally got around to doing something about that. Here they are, shortened to proper length.

Reactions: erturne
Discussion starter · #98 ·
As promised, heater core fittings replacement video. The stock plastic ones are prone to age embrittlement & cracking, they never should have made it to the assembly line to begin with.

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Nissan provides a transmission temperature guage in certain model years of the Titan, but none in the Frontier, an inexcusable oversite for anyone who hauls, off-roads or tows. Here's how to add one and be sure you're not roasting your $7k transmission.

Discussion starter · #100 ·
Christmas Eve the Director and I headed to Fort Valley VA, to hit the Tasker's Run and Peter's Gap OHV trails. The first trail was a cakewalk, any decent auto could handle that one, but peter's Run, now, that was where things got interesting. The trail was one vehicle wide, and very rough, a few segments of "moonscape" with pure trail cover of fragmented rocks the size of dinner plates, and a lot of off-camber turns and whoop-dies that would high-centre a vehicle with lower ground clearance. I even ended up hitting the radiator skid plate on a nice sized rock, near the end of the trail. I was very thankful for a 2" suspension lift and full armour plate, the bash plates and rear differential steel protection plate made the trail a bit less stressful. I'll be honest and state my sphincter pucker factor is probably less than some, who would have looked that trail over and given it a full send, but we encountered a side-by-side at the end of the same trail that had a flat tire, destroyed alloy wheel and had lost reverse gear in it's transmission, so this was a fairly serious run. It took us nearly 3 hrs to complete a 7.9 mile section. If you're in the DelMarVa area, this is worth the ride, we are between Baltimore and DC and took us just over 2hrs to arrive in Fort Valley.

81 - 100 of 168 Posts