Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know off the top of their heads: Is there any significant differences between 2009 and 2010 model years? In other words, on my 2010 Crew cab SE if I am looking up a part or accessory and the newest year listed is 2009 am I safe in ordering the part? So far almost nowhere I go online has 2010 listed. They generally go only to 2009, even on a couple of NIssan dealer sites I have found that have a good selection of OEM stuff. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Be careful, since manufacturers have a way of improving things or making things cheaper even if there is not a big model change. I know I found that the '09 tailgate is much lighter than my '05 and the hinges have been changed as well.

I am not sure if the change was in '09 or prior to that. I also don't know if they are interchangeable for sure. The dealership could not tell me. When I get flush with money again I'll check out some of the salvages and see if I can find a good used one.

OkieScot

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hope this helps

About the 2010 Nissan Frontier
The 2010 Nissan Frontier continues to offer an exceptional level of on- and off-road performance with the use of a 4.0-liter DOHC V6 engine with horsepower, torque, towing and payload specifications that are second-to-none in the mid-size truck class. A 152-horsepower 2.5-liter inline 4-cylinder engine is also available (King Cab 4x2 only). With its strong performance, combined with good fuel mileage (17 city, 21 highway, King Cab 2WD), the Frontier is a fitting truck for work or play. Frontier is offered in both King Cab and Crew Cab body styles and in 4x2 and 4x4 driveline configurations.

Revisions for 2010 include standard side and curtain air bags on all models (4-cylinder and V6-equipped models), standard Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) on all V6-equipped models, Hill Start Assist and Hill Descent Control now standard on all SE and LE 4WD automatic transmission-equipped models, and 2-wheel or 4-wheel Active Brake Limited Slip (ABLS) added as standard for all SE and LE V6 models. In addition, one new exterior color, Night Armor, is added to the range of available Frontier colors.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Differences

Hey- mine is the new Night Armor color too! I had seen a lot of this, but in these kinds of consumer ads they aren't going to tell you if the bed is an inch wider or shorter, or if the bed is longer or shorter than the last year model, or if they changed the location of the spare tire so as to interfere with a class 3 hitch. Those were the kind of things I was really wondering about. Thanks anyway for posting the info though!

·
Registered
185 Posts
well i was at the dealer this morning looking at the 2009 and the 2010s while dropping my 06 off for service and i couldn't see any noticeable differences between the 09/10

·
Registered
226 Posts
Stopped into the dealer last night after close... they had a 2010 Pro4x in Night Armor. Real nice looking! The MSRP said $34,450. It had a moon roof but it didn't have anything in the bed. no extender or divider included (per sticker). iPod interface, leather heated powered seats, tow pkg, 6 disc changer, bluetooth, blah blah blah. It still had all the protective film on the body and wheels, and also had the foam padding on the bumpers, doors! hot off the truck i'd assume.

Had a 2010 LE long bed in super black. Again still had the protective film and foam on it but it had a big ol yellow SOLD tag in the window. I really liked it. MSRP was $33,665. What I thought was neat was the seats were graphite cloth not the typical beige I always see. Had the moonroof, tow pkg, bed extender, bluetooth, 6disc changer... I like the long bed a lot. The interesting thing was in the bed there was a long box with a receipt taped to it and it was a Lorado cover! Um, I'm an honest guy but i would say they shouldn't be leaving the thing right in the bed like that. Its too temping I'd say.

I was surpised to see a 08 LE on the lot, must have been a left over. They also had an 2009 Titan SE in an ugly (sorry) Timberline with beige leather seats and said Texas on it, what the!?!?!?!? Did not like it at all.

No SEs and I've never seen an XE...

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
What I am looking at now are the following: A class 3 trailer hitch (I'll order the harness from Nissan- no splicing for me), a Tonneau cover (still looking at options), and step/nerf bars (again, still looking and researching). I am seriously looking at this ebay auction: CLASS III 3 RECEIVER Nissan Pickup 08 07 06 05 - Uses a:eBay Motors (item 300344984563 end time Sep-11-09 17:16:15 PDT) It is a Hidden Hitch so I figure it should be good? Thanks!
Personally I would buy the hitch kit with all three relays from the dealer. You won't get the relays from Hidden Hitch and in the end you saved only a couple of dollars. Just my opinion.

Clint

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
Personally I would buy the hitch kit with all three relays from the dealer. You won't get the relays from Hidden Hitch and in the end you saved only a couple of dollars. Just my opinion.

Clint
um, did you read his post? he clearly stated "I'll order the harness from Nissan- no splicing for me". he just wants to buy the hitch off ebay.

·
Premium Member
9,769 Posts
um, did you read his post? he clearly stated "I'll order the harness from Nissan- no splicing for me". he just wants to buy the hitch off ebay.
I read that but thought the relays were a seperate item. I believe the harness is just the wires. Many owners buy aftermarket hitches and harnesses only to find out afterward (no lights) they had to buy the relays. By that time they were pissed and spent the same money as if they went to a dealer and bought all the parts as a kit in the first place.

Clint

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The hitch from ebay was $101.56 (I have no idea where the number came from) with free shipping. It was a Hidden Hitch model #-87539, and I swear it looked just like the one on the courtesyparts.com website. Which is where I ordered the wiring harness from-1 x Receiver Hitch, Tow Harness Kit (7-Pin)-2005 to 2009 Frontier (999T8-D407P) = $65.17, plus $8.95 shipping. I figured it made more sense (and was a commet on another forum thread too) to go ahead and get the 7 pin and use a 4 pin adapter. I assumed that the above harness was what I needed and had everything necessary. If anybody gets a chance to take a look at it on Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com and search for the part number and let me know if that is the correct harness? Of course now you know the full reason for the original post about the differences in the years. Even this Nissan dealer doesn't have any listings for 2010 models yet.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
I read that but thought the relays were a seperate item. I believe the harness is just the wires. Many owners buy aftermarket hitches and harnesses only to find out afterward (no lights) they had to buy the relays. By that time they were pissed and spent the same money as if they went to a dealer and bought all the parts as a kit in the first place.

Clint
nope, harness comes as a "kit" with everything you need ready to install. i havent seen it come as just the harness without relays. the only difference i have seen is you can either get the 4 pin harness or the 7.

OP that is the correct kit. you will need to install the harness in the rear of the truck and then relays go behind the pass kick panel. it should come with instructions.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I got the hitch on Friday- which was 3 days from when I bought it on ebay, That is pretty fast shipping! The ebay store is: eBay Store - carparts: Air Intake and Fuel Systems, Shocks Struts, Sparkplugs, Coil Ignition if anyone is interested in taking a look. It took all of about 20 minutes to get it installed, so I have officially made my first mod on my Frontier!! Thanks a lot for all the help and inputs! Now I am waiting for the harness to come in and I have a feeling that will take more time than the hitch itself did to install!

·
Registered
48 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts