Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi so I purchased my '04 3.3L 6cyl 5spd MT last month and I'm the 3rd owner. Been running great! Then literally all of a sudden, It sputtered when starting over the weekend and reluctantly started. I was able to drive it (didn't want to chance it sputtering or dying out on the roadway so not far) and figured I would do basic troubleshooting to see if it was an airflow problem since it was idling very low. I checked the air filter. It was pretty clean, but good grief, there was a nest in the housing of the air filter with grass and feathers. (photo doesn't do it justice). I cleaned all that out and put in the new air filter. It still starts, runs, but idles very low and it's eerily quiet when running!

Same problem. Fortunately I already had an appointment today at the dealer to get the oil changed, so they were able to take a look at the low idle/hesitant starting issue. Turns out I need all new plugs and wires. Basically a tune up. * sigh *

Hoping this will remedy the issue?

This is so gross ...

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,374 Posts
Wow.
Plus, wires, cap and rotor, fuel filter and pcv valve might have her back to normal.
Hopefully you don't have to replace the distributor.
Keep us posted.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, apparently the codes that came up were P0302 CY2 Missfire and P0505 System Circ - so dealer is recommending changing all plugs and full tune up. They'll be doing the wires too. Thanks for the info butterman2473, sounds like you've had experience with this ... you had said hopefully I won't have to replace the distributor, why do you mention this? Is is a complicated/expensive job? Thanks for any and all help/input!

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
3,374 Posts
Thanks, apparently the codes that came up were P0302 CY2 Missfire and P0505 System Circ - so dealer is recommending changing all plugs and full tune up. They'll be doing the wires too. Thanks for the info butterman2473, sounds like you've had experience with this ... you had said hopefully I won't have to replace the distributor, why do you mention this? Is is a complicated/expensive job? Thanks for any and all help/input!
Delearships are always expensive.
I really hope the dealership doesn't try to take advantage.
What does their full tune up consist of?

The p0505 is a code for idle speed control circuit.
Could be a single intermittent event. But also could possibly be a bad Idle Air Control Valve or just a vacuum leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts