Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just swooped up this kobalt tool box from lowes for $150 with all the mounting hardware. i couldnt pass up the price and quallity. the only hang up during installation was the utilitrack bein in the way but i worked around it.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
good stuff. Wanna buy my shrock bumper? :)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
just swooped up this kobalt tool box from lowes for $150 with all the mounting hardware. i couldnt pass up the price and quallity. the only hang up during installation was the utilitrack bein in the way but i worked around it.
When you say utilit track in the way, are you meaning the front track? Or do you mean the cleats were in the way while installing? Guess I am asking how the utili track was in the way.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
When you say utilit track in the way, are you meaning the front track? Or do you mean the cleats were in the way while installing? Guess I am asking how the utili track was in the way.
the side utili tracks are in the way. the brakets hook under the bed rails but the utili track is in the way so all i did was install them at the very end of the utili track. the only problem with this is that i was limited on space for drilling holes in the box for the hardware to mount up to. i tried to take a picture but its so tight and cramped you couldnt tell how it was mounted.

$ 800 w/o winch.
$ 1100 w/ winch.
Powder coated grey.
Yes it will work with your LE.
I can give you the white upper valance also.
Im in Irvine.
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f13/shrockworks-front-bumper-must-go-47783/
i love the bumper but its a little steep right now(just got married). anything else for sale????

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
That is a great looking box.

The only problem now is that it needs a nice Shrockworks Front Bumper to add to the rugged look of the box. Especially one with a good winch on it to get you and or your friends out of tough spots!

No one will notice the Sly Tuna bump. (?)

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
the side utili tracks are in the way. the brakets hook under the bed rails but the utili track is in the way so all i did was install them at the very end of the utili track. the only problem with this is that i was limited on space for drilling holes in the box for the hardware to mount up to. i tried to take a picture but its so tight and cramped you couldnt tell how it was mounted.

Am not familiar with how Kobalt boxes mount up. Might be worth finding J hooks. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of how my weatherguard mounts up. Basically it catches the bed lip then as one tightens the bolt, it snugs box to bed lip.

Follow this link to the install instructions for my box and look at the mounting hardware, you might be able to do something similar.

Look at bottom of page 3.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
That is a great looking box.

The only problem now is that it needs a nice Shrockworks Front Bumper to add to the rugged look of the box. Especially one with a good winch on it to get you and or your friends out of tough spots!

No one will notice the Sly Tuna bump. (?)
haha jacked! i had to! Hes in my area, and he has a white frontier!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
haha jacked! i had to! Hes in my area, and he has a white frontier!
lol. there is so many mods and crap i wanna put on my truck but other priorities come first. i need to win the lotto lol

Am not familiar with how Kobalt boxes mount up. Might be worth finding J hooks. I'll try to post some pics tomorrow of how my weatherguard mounts up. Basically it catches the bed lip then as one tightens the bolt, it snugs box to bed lip.

Follow this link to the install instructions for my box and look at the mounting hardware, you might be able to do something similar.

Look at bottom of page 3.
a j-hook set up would be nice and simple. some manufacturers go way overboard with their designs and dont think about practicality

1 - 10 of 10 Posts