Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I'm an electrical engineering student at Clemson University in beautiful South Carolina. I recently bought my first truck a little over a month ago and have been using this forum since before then to help me decide what to get. I finally took the time to register for the forum because I'd like to get a little more involved in building up my own truck and hopefully helping other people out as well.

So I just bought a 99 Frontier King Cab XE V6 4x4. I got a pretty good deal on it because the paint job isn't exactly perfect, but it's nothing I can't fix. It came with a K&N filter, Flowmaster exhaust, and 31'' all-terrain tires. I put a UWS low-profile toolbox and a CB radio in it since I've had it, and I'm planning on putting a 3'' suspension lift on it. (Any recommendations?)

I've never had a truck before, and so far it's been life changing! I hauled a 3000 pound trailer within a week of buying it and have tools in the toolbox to fix pretty much anything, plus tools for vehicle recovery and towing. It's very liberating! I started out driving an 89 B12 Sentra when I was 16, bought a Kawasaki Ninja 250R at 21, crashed it through no fault of my own, used the settlement money to buy a '92 300ZX, sold that, and bought the truck. I still have the Sentra and am trying to restore it. She has 180k on her and she's a single-owner vehicle (my dad bought it new in 1988 ). I know it's not really a classic but it's an easy and fun car to work on.

Any way, thanks for all the future and past help! Maybe I'll get some pictures up here soon.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Hey welcome to CF glad to have ya aboard

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
Welcome! Lots of South Carolinians on here; glad to see you join up. I never owned a vehicle while I went to school -- trying to find a parking spot was impossible.

·
Registered
602 Posts
welcome to the club got a lot of friends that go to clemson i am on the coast of south carolina south of Myrtle beach

1 - 9 of 9 Posts