Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Frontier Midnight edition gun metallic
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just picked up this guy in April and sure am glad I did. What a great truck! Always have like Tacoma’s and never really thought too much about frontiers until I started to look to buy something. Jeep liberty I had **** the bed- or was about to- so it was time to get something good and reliable. Tacos are so expensive! Then I started looking at everythinggg else until the perfect starting point hit me like a Mac truck… more like a Nissan truck. More truck for the money, great reliability and a ton of parts available to upgrade and play with! I’m now an over the top Frontier guy and don’t know what I was thinking always wanting a Tacoma. I now look and think that the frontys are better looking! Anyways here’s my new ride. Looking for recommendations on biggest tire to fit on these 18” wheels. I have a leveling kit, will have 2”spacers ( if it makes a difference) and am open to do some trimming melting or what have you to accommodate new tires. Any input is greatly appreciated! Thanks everyone!

2018 midnight edition in gun metallic
Installed already-
  • rough country 2.5” leveling kit
  • k&n drop in
  • rough country hard tri-fold tonnoue cover
  • katana headlight bulbs
  • plasti dip front emblem
  • Tinted front windows
  • dead bolt 💀 ⚡ 🌹
  • Ronin factory .50 cal bullet antenna
  • hood struts
  • key fob locking tailgate mod
  • Katana headlight bulb replacement 💡
  • new LCA’s
  • soon to replace UCA’s— looking for recommendations!
  • Bora 2” spacers
  • Tailgate assist
  • Start-X remote starter

·
Registered
946 Posts
Welcome! Good start on mods and awesome looking truck. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Welcome to the club! Looking sharp. These are great trucks, but the aftermarket selection is thin compared to Jeep and Toyota. Still there are usually at least a couple of options for most things. Biggest tire I could fit on mine with some melting of the fender liner and possibly a little trimming were 285/75R16. That's about a 33" tire. That's what I'm running with my 2.5" Nisstec lift.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I wonder if that antenna could get you arrested in NYC, NJ, or DC? I kind of remember someone being arrested in either a NY or NJ airport for having a spent shell casing in his carry on (he used his range bag for his carry on and missed the shell casing when he cleaned it out), and a while back a guy was arrested in DC for having a spent shotgun shell in his house.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Looks great, once you get the spacers on determine how big you want to go. You may just find sticking with that size or one bigger in an a/t will be best.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I wonder if that antenna could get you arrested in NYC, NJ, or DC? I kind of remember someone being arrested in either a NY or NJ airport for having a spent shell casing in his carry on (he used his range bag for his carry on and missed the shell casing when he cleaned it out), and a while back a guy was arrested in DC for having a spent shotgun shell in his house.
Lol, hopefully not, but I have heard those stories about NJ. Hawaii has some draconian gun laws but you sure as hell wouldn’t be going to jail for a spent case, I mean they might tack it on in the commission of a felony.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmmm makes me wonder for sure if they’d give it a good sideways look however It’s not a dummy round or spent casing- It’s a solid block of aluminum (I think) milled down to look like a .50. I also agree with you all that some of these gun laws are ridiculous. I live in PA but travel to NJ to see family somewhat often and am always checking my truck and bag for anything that could get me in some trouble. A felony is not on my list of things I’d like to achieve in life!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great, once you get the spacers on determine how big you want to go. You may just find sticking with that size or one bigger in an a/t will be best.
Thanks @Afrontierguy I’ve been waiting since end of may for them to arrive which hopefully will be any day now. I think that that would probably be the route I go. The way it sits now the wheel/tire combo looks a little idk… puny? Definitely looking to beef it up a bit but we’ll see how she sits with the spacers!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
New update:

installed a few things over the past couple of weeks.
-tailgate assist (nice n easy let down)
-start-x remote starter (can’t wait for winter now!)
-bora 2” wheel spacers!
3A45C5A0-CB0F-43AA-B28D-3F1283DF3146.jpeg
D53236C4-04DC-485A-95F7-6402375288F1.jpeg
153CF557-D40A-4B7F-8ADB-E08620AC36C8.jpeg
5C1D5591-CA20-4E00-ADAE-2B741570737E.jpeg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
183 Posts
Love the antenna! The most fun I had in the USMC was (M60) machine gun school!

Also prefer the gun metallic color. My SL at a nearby school where I used the newly painted parking lot lines to calibrate my eyes and perception of lane position to the lines in the backup camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Love the antenna! The most fun I had in the USMC was (M60) machine gun school!

Also prefer the gun metallic color. My SL at a nearby school where I used the newly painted parking lot lines to calibrate my eyes and perception of lane position to the lines in the backup camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Heck yeah! I really like the gun metallic color. I was in between the white and metallic and I’m so glad I chose the metallic! Really looks great when it’s clean n fresh waxed!

·
Registered
57 Posts
what does plasti dip front emblem mean?
the Midnight Black edition is a flat black color emblem, yours looks to be chrome, this is a Midnight Black emblem,

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
what does plasti dip front emblem mean?
the Midnight Black edition is a flat black color emblem, yours looks to be chrome, this is a Midnight Black emblem,
View attachment 333639
98400089-0EA4-492E-BD5A-E4573E3F852E.jpeg
When I bought the truck it had a chrome front emblem. I was on the fence about changing it but decided to go ahead to complete the all black grill rather than having the chrome to “break it up”. So I removed the emblem and used toothpicks, cardboard, Plasti-dip and a little bit of patience to black it out. Came out nicely I think!
98400089-0EA4-492E-BD5A-E4573E3F852E.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
946 Posts
Reactions: Afrontierguy
1 - 20 of 24 Posts