Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,
I'm new to the forums here and will be attempting an engine swap in my 2001 Crew Cab Frontier SE...
I've had the truck for about five years, and just had a catastrophic engine failure (piston parts through
the oil pan)... UGH!
Just got my replacement engine (JDM) a couple days ago... I'll be replacing all hoses, timing belt,
and any other seals/gaskets I can think of while I'm in there... Also will relocate the Knock Sensor,
and the No. 666 spark plug :) while I have the new motor out of the engine bay...
Hoping to find this forum as a great resource!
RDaniels34

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
through a 350 in that bad boy...lol

cudos to you sir, done engine swaps and they are always alot of work but worth it in the end

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
@Contra,
A 350 might be easier, more dependable, and easier to work on, but....
Never have done this kind of thing before, so I'm gonna take it slow, do it as right, and as systematically as I can...
Not sure how far I should dig into the engine/block, but I think I should at least take off the upper intake and valve covers as a start and see what's happening there...
Any and all suggestions from the forums will be considered seriously... I'd like to have a successful experience!!
RDaniels34

·
Registered
2017 Pro-4X w/Luxury Package
971 Posts
Since you have the engine out, just replace the knock sensor (with a Nissan OEM sensor) in the original factory location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts