Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First I'll introduce my self,
Max from Louisiana. I was given a 2008 frontier extended cab from the pops. He gives trucks away for tax write offs (and I was first in line on the frontier because I needed a "get it" truck) when he gets new work vehicles, as he owns a marine diesel mechanic shop.

About the truck, it's a 2008, 327k miles. 2wd automatic.

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Hi Max, welcome to the site! Glad to have you here. Show us your truck when you get a chance. Do you already have any mods in mind? A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck and keep us posted!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well since ive got it; I pulled apart the a/c motor and polished everything inside, sanded down rusty buildup in motor and on contacts and re-assembled it. Now the A/C fan works. I am swapping out the switch panel on the driver door as the driver window switch is spotty and has to be wiggled to work. Ill redo the contacts in it and save it as a spare since i already ordered another switch assembly.

I have OME 607
Bilstein 5100s
2" block
backup camera and el cheapo dvd player with bluetooth capability (only reason i purchased it)
3 gallons of Line-X
cooper discoverer ST Maxx tires.

Thats what will be going on the truck this upcoming week once i have everything.
I have some dings in the bumpers and a tiny one in the fender well that i will tap out and ill Line-X the the bumpers and the bed after I remove the drop-in liner.
Both bumpers will receive flush mounted LED lights in them; the rear I'll wire to the reverse lights and the front lights ill wire to a relay inside the cabin to run as fog lights until I come up with a plan to wire up a set of lights in the foglight pockets in the bumper.

Ill do a build thread on the truck as soon as I start working on it.

Attachments

·
Admin
3,392 Posts
Welcome to the club Max! Great rig you have there!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
327k miles? Who can say these Trucks aren't rock solid?
Maybe more miles, that's the last number I remember. Thanks guys for the welcome. I'm looking forward to learning about the truck and hooking this baby up. I'll post a link to the build thread on Tuesday. For when I start working on it.

And about the mileage lets just say it's not the highest mileage truck he's given away still working like a clock. He gave a away one of the shop trucks in 2007 with 485k miles and I still see it with the Harley Davidson sticker on the back window hauling scrap all the time.

Proper maintenance can make a vehicle last forever.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts