Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 2wd frontier with 278,xxx miles Check engine light is on and blinks while driving. I Scaned it and came up with 2 codes:

P1776/ from what I found on the internet the Torque Converter Clutch solenoid is faulty...has anyone changed one out?

P0304 # 4 cylinder misfire..... what should I start checking? spark plugs,and wires are brand new.

thanks for your help!

·
Registered
71 Posts
when it blinks that mean you could be damaging your catatyltic converter. could be injector or wiring, distributor/cap...bunch of crap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
This was a pain in the a$$ to troubleshoot. It turned out to be the throttle body.

The issue is there are to different throttle bodies depending on when the truck was assembled. My truck had the rarer of the two so was difficult to obtain the part, new or used.

I took the truck to AAmco thinking it was only the solenoid, they convinced me to do a full rebuild because the truck had 123K on it. I only use it around town, about 1,500 miles a year but I went for the rebuild anyway. Well I still had the light after the rebuild but the aamco guy was determined to fix it. In the end it turned out to be the throttle body.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Glad you got it fixed!! Also glad you have a good aamco. The one here couldn't rebuild a tinker toy and get it right the first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts