Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello Club Frontier forum,

AS you guys can kinder see from the title I have a new to me frontier and I am needing a little help with keeping the car maintained and in good shape. At the moment I am contracted out in Cambodia and I am finding myself having to go off road to get to most of my destinations. So I went out and treated myself to a 2013 Nissan Frontier and she runs like a beauty. Anyway, as of a good mechanic, they are really hard to find, literally like gold dust, so I’m going to be needing a bump course on how to keep the engine purring.

I am no mechanic and really have no idea. For example, I know where the oil goes and how to read the dipstick but as of what oil I should use and how often I should change it, I’m clueless. And this goes for pretty much everything in/on the truck, I know a little but not a lot. I have searched online for a Nissan frontier manual but don't know which one I should get http://www.used.forsale/canada/montreal/nissan-frontier. So, basically if it’s ok with you guys I need a full run down on what I need to maintain when I should maintain it and what I should use to do so. Also, any parts that the Frontier is known to need replacing after X amount of time. I know I’m asking a lot guys but there was no user manual with purchase which is no surprise out here…

I will place some specs below so you have a better idea of what the Nissan has under the hood.

SPECS
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Year: 2013
Engine: 4.0L
Drive: Rear Wheel
Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic
Gas: Petrol

If there is any other information that you guys need just comment below and I will get it added on ASAP. Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and learning as much as possible!

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,138 Posts
Hello Club Frontier forum,

AS you guys can kinder see from the title I have a new to me frontier and I am needing a little help with keeping the car maintained and in good shape. At the moment I am contracted out in Cambodia and I am finding myself having to go off road to get to most of my destinations. So I went out and treated myself to a 2013 Nissan Frontier and she runs like a beauty. Anyway, as of a good mechanic, they are really hard to find literally like gold dust so I’m going to be needing a bump course on how to keep the engine purring.

I am no mechanic and really have to idea. For example, I know where the oil goes and how to read the dipstick but as of what oil I should use and how often I should change it, I’m clueless. And this goes for pretty much everything in/on the truck, I know a little but not a lot. Basically if it’s ok with you guys I need a full run down on what I need to maintain, when I should maintain it and what I should use to do so. Also any parts that the Frontier is known to need replacing after X amount of time. I know I’m asking a lot guys but there was no user manual with purchase which is no surprise out here…

I will place some specs below so you have a better idea of what the Nissan has under the hood.

SPECS
Make: Nissan
Model: Frontier
Year: 2013
Engine: 4.0L
Drive: Rear Wheel
Transmission: 5 Speed Automatic
Gas: Petrol

If there is any other information that you guys need just comment below and I will get it added on ASAP. Really looking forward to speaking with you guys and learning as much as possible!

Thanks]
did it come with a owners manual? some of this is covered there...

FSM (electronic edition) (scroll down to your MY, click the link, download all the parts... I forget which part, but the 2013 link is missing one of the parts... if you cross-reference with 2014 you can tell which one and grab that particular one from the 2014 or 2012...

OM : nissan Owners Portal has a few documents also...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, unfortunately, it did not come with a manual only the receipt of sale because that's all that seems to matter out here. But, I will get onto downloading them links straight away and start having a look through.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes by all means get an owner's manual as suggested above. Oil will be 5W30 and it is most likely time to do a drain and fill of the automatic transmission. Best not to flush the transmission if it is working OK, just drain and replace the fluid that comes out, usually 4 or 5 quarts or so. Use Nissan Matic-S fluid. If you can order from Amazon.com where you are you will find the fluids and filters there.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Search and you'll find answers to all questions here. Well, maybe not answers but at least a lot of opinions.
Main item is oil change - 'how to' explains it in depth - 5 1/2 qts 5/w-30 and new filter about every 5-10k miles - depending on quality of products used.
Research on if and when to change transmission and differential fluid

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the oil and air filter tip! I have been looking around and found quite a lot of really good information on this forum that will keep my Frontier running forever! still, a lot to learn though.

Thanks for your input guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts