Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started looking for a “Hunting Truck“ about may of this year to add to the fleet ( my wife, 2 driving age daughters & myself ) here ar the house.
i wanted a compact 4 door 4X4 to go to the hunting lease and not have to worry about dings, scratches and mud getting in places it shouldn’t be.
We bought my middle daughter a used 2007 Xterra for her to drive, and so far its been pretty solid. I took a trip to the rifle range a couple of weekends ago and quickly realized that the Xterra ran out of room in a hurry.
So, I started looking at Frontiers starting with older high mileage trucks suitable for the intended purpose. That led to newer trucks and finally to the 2019 Pro-4X CPO with 3,000 miles on the odometer that I’ll pick up on Monday.
The option list is empty beyond the P4X Package, but the front windows have been tinted and it has a receiver hitch and 8 pin trailer connector installed. That’s two things down on my “Must Have“ list.
After delivery, LED lighting and Rubber All Weather floor mats.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Welcome to the club! Sounds like your are getting an awesome ride there. Post up some pics when you get it. Good luck!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m an old school Mopar guy too.
I’ve owned big block B-Body cars since 1982
The truck I’m trading in is a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab and it had 9 Dodge truck predecessors in the last 24 years.

·
Registered
827 Posts
The truck I’m trading in is a 2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab and it had 9 Dodge truck predecessors in the last 24 years.
Nice! MOPAR= More Outrageous Power At Redline

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanksgiving At Jeanne and Lee's House-2010 017.JPG

71 E Body

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice ! 71 with Quad headlights is my favorite of the models.
Tor Red is a great color too

·
Registered
827 Posts
Thanks! It's actually Viper Red. Originally a TX9 car, but couldn't afford to put it back to black at the time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just sold my 2016 5.7 liter crew cab Red Ram 1500 on Friday. Bought a Black 2018 Frontier Pro-4X with 11.5k on the odometer yesterday. Sold my 2006 4x4 Xterra to my Mom 5 years ago and she still drives it with 200k+ on it, no major issues yet. These have always been solid trucks for the money in my opinion. I loved my Ram and a previous Hemi Charger, besides the numerous recalls and a few cheap parts failing early on my 2016 1500, they sure do look good and have big engines so they have always caught my attention, the Pro-4X just won me over this time as a do it all work / daily driver/ fishing trip truck. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nice truck, I like black trucks. Here is a photo of the 2016 I sold Friday, I sold it to Carvana before I bought my Frontier, they gave me a lot more that any dealer offered. Local dealers offered $19,500. Carmax offered $18,500. Carvana came and picked it up after an online appraisal process, they gave me $23,800 on the spot and drove off 20 mins later. Anyhow, I’m glad to be out of the Ram and into my Frontier, as much as I loved my Ram I find I don’t miss it a bit yet.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It had some “PawPaw truck” metallic gold pinstriping...
That didn’t survive long

I installed a set of LEDs in the fog lights, the Katana 9007’s will be here on Thursday

·
Registered
7 Posts
It had some “PawPaw truck” metallic gold pinstriping...
That didn’t survive long
View attachment 320356 View attachment 320357

I installed a set of LEDs in the fog lights, the Katana 9007’s will be here on Thursday
Very nice truck, congratulations! I like the color, I almost looked at one that color but it sold before I could see it. I can see the difference in the LEDs. That pinstripe is almost like a guarantee the truck was not hot rodded around town and beat on hard. Looking good man.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The story they gave me at the dealer is:
A retired man bought it to haul ”stuff” and he figured out that the cab was too small for all of his grand kids, fo he traded it for a Ford F150 King Ranch that had more room.
The truck had 3,200 miles when I bought it, and I had the dealer do a Certified Pre-Owned package on it so that the drive train has 100k miles warranty.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Katana LED's got here today as did a few other things. I have more "Stuff" coming tomorrow - a Start-X remote Start system and then on Monday a pair of the three button Nissan Rogue keys with the integrated Remote Fobs.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts