Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2015 Pro 4x. Love the truck. It has 30k miles on it. Question I have (and I've done a lot of extensive reasearch). What performance mods are avail for the 4.0 motor? I'm in the line of tuning, underdrive pulleys etc. No one seems to sell parts yet. And info would help. And thank you all for this forum.

·
Banned
37 Posts
Just bought a 2015 Pro 4x. Love the truck. It has 30k miles on it. Question I have (and I've done a lot of extensive reasearch). What performance mods are avail for the 4.0 motor? I'm in the line of tuning, underdrive pulleys etc. No one seems to sell parts yet. And info would help. And thank you all for this forum.
Not a whole lot of performance mods. I did the trifecta...exhaust, cold air intake, and a tune. That's about it though unless you want to spend big bucks. I've heard of cam swaps, ported heads, etc but that's unnecessary for a v6 in my opinion. Aftermarket support for Frontiers is poor IMO. Probably a result of poor marketing on Nissans part.

·
Rogue Admin
13,351 Posts
Not a whole lot of performance mods. I did the trifecta...exhaust, cold air intake, and a tune. That's about it though unless you want to spend big bucks. I've heard of cam swaps, ported heads, etc but that's unnecessary for a v6 in my opinion. Aftermarket support for Frontiers is poor IMO. Probably a result of poor marketing on Nissans part.
And then you can supercharge it.... https://www.stillen.com/stillen-nissan-frontier-xterra-pathfinder-and-suzuki-equator-intercooled-supercharger-system-100045-stisupr06.html

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Another would be the IMS (Intake Manifold Spacer). Along with the exhaust and cold air intake, the addition of a Bully Dog tuner will allow you to run premium fuel and get the most out of the other modifications.

Once that is done, suspension, gearing, tires, armor, lighting, recovery gear and more can help you empty your wallet!

Don't forget to post some pictures!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts