Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to me 2014 Nissan Frontier Desert Runner crew cab (Updated Pics 4/20)

Whats up everyone, I am Cody and I live in Hampton, GA. I am finally back into a Nissan pickup after selling my 1995 Nissan Hardbody in 2012.

Just purchased this 2014 Desert Runner with 37K.
Bought it from a dealer in South Carolina where the original owner traded the truck in for a full size.

Already looking into some possible upgrades including

*Auto transmission cooler
* Morimoto Led fog light conversion
* 2014 Pro4X/SL Headunit swap - I have been researching the site and still havent found a thread that answers that specific question. Will continue searching before posting a new thread

Couldn't afford a 4x4 model but, I'm hoping to use this one to 100% of it's abilities.

Hope to learn more about this newer model Nissan truck :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Nice looking truck! I've had my 2013 SL for two months now and love it! Looking into possible upgrades was day two of owning the truck (not that it needed it).

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Nice
I have been looking at mounting off road lights, did your Bull Bar allow for tow hooks to stay in place?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice
I have been looking at mounting off road lights, did your Bull Bar allow for tow hooks to stay in place?

Sent from my iPhone 7 Plus using Tapatalk Pro
I believe it mounts at the same location that the front tow hooks mount to. Will have to double check though.

*Update* It does utilize the holes for the factory tow hook

·
Vendor
2,912 Posts
Hello Cody! Thanks for joining us and showing your amazing purchase. May it provide unlimited fun and unhampered travel across all terrains for as long as you two are together. Enjoy the time behind its wheel and your time here!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Very nice looking truck. I was originally going to get the Dessert Runner in 2016, but really wanted 4 wheel drive. Looks great. By the way, where did you get the bull bar and how much was it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Very nice looking truck. I was originally going to get the Dessert Runner in 2016, but really wanted 4 wheel drive. Looks great. By the way, where did you get the bull bar and how much was it?

Yes, It was a very hard decision. Seeing that I had a specific budget, I was able to check off most of my "wants" with this truck (i.e less than 40k miles, Pro-4x rims, dark interior, specified color, etc.) I hope to have a Pro-4x one day though. Hopefully with a Cummins if they ever get around to it ::wink::

Heres a link I found for that bull bar.

Black Super Bull Bar Bumper guard fit 98-04 Nissan Frontier / 00-04 Xterra | eBay

·
Registered
115 Posts
I may have to hold off on the bull bar, as I am not sure I want to lose my factory tow hook right now. Does the bar you got have a skid plate? Too hard to tell from your link or your pics. I will get one eventually because I also want a light bar but I can't cover my front license plate so I have some comparing and homework to do.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.