Just picked up my new truck. It's in pretty good shape for its age, though there are some obvious issues with it so expect me to be asking a bunch of silly questions soon!
Oh boy is right lol.Oh boy lol I have an 05 good truck but full of kinks Nissan kinda experimented with our years and the 07+ design today's frontier is mint lol search the forum you'll find what to look for
My truck I have countless hours of labor hears a few.
1. the timing chains need to be done on our years the Chain guide wear out and start riding on the tensioner itself that's a fun one this one took me 10 hours with someone handing me tools and a second hand parts from dealer were
2. the radiator cracks on the inside and mixes The coolant with transmission fluid and blows the transmission buy and external trans cooler that works cheap.
3. check your fuel sending unit for old age it will crack as mine did ethanol today is horrible parts were 350 for a Bosch pump and 18$ Frontier dealer for the updated fuel vent hose without the clips that always break.
4. ball joints if they are still stock will have to be done if not already I have moog that we're about 50x 4 = 200 I did wheel bearings same time as well both sides about 100 each so 400$ all together from rock auto i did newer used shocks at the same time I got from this forum with the 2" lift spacer and I bought the rear block and I bolts total of 260 together.
5. If you have a stock exhaust it's gotta gotta go that y pipe and heat shields are horrible and rattle like crazy and the pipe is so restrictive
6. If the rear end wasn't taken care of or if you just have one that likes to go out like mine right now blew spider gears in Vermont but she got me 200 miles back to CT so I'll fix but parts are costing me $2000 current problem
And I'm sure there's more lol oh yeah extented sway bar kinks for the lift and the rear shocks great truck tho good luck my friend
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh boy is right lol.
1. I'll be keeping an ear open for the timing chain guides. Right now it sounds good. Only 80k at the moment.
2. I've got a manual, so no issue with the cross contamination(at least I've got that going for me)
3. I'll have to look into this. Had the same issue on my wrangler. It's quite annoying!
4. Thanks for this. I ended up getting ball joints for my jeep also since they're wear items. I guess I should do the same for the truck.
5. I actually like the stock exhaust! I've got a Nismo, but I think it's the same exhaust as all the other models. Time to do some research on that too I guess
6. Luckily, the rear end was replaced at ~20k because of the ABS sensor and the new one has been holding up for the past 60k. No leaks, but definitely something I'm going to be keeping an eye on.
The first thing I noticed that really bothered me was the rain channels on the top of the truck. Mine have a slightly rusted hairline down the sides all the way down both sides.
The airbag light keeps blinking every now and then until I restart it. I've not actually checked out the code from diagnostic mode yet though.
I've got to do the rear axle vent mod (hoping this will keep the rear axle in good condition for long trips and offroading)
Thanks a bunch