Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got pics?
Soon...
You have the receipt/paperwork on the repairs? Keep hold of them!
No. They won't give me anything. All they say is "we're taking care of it". I think they think as long as it was part of the purchase agreement it's none of my business.

On a side note... I made an appointment with a Nissan dealer for 8 July to do a recall PCM flash for the ABS that was never done. I told them what was going on and they said they would hook up a scan and check out the O2 sensors/cats...

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
That does not sound like any large dealer I’ve been to, they usually always give you a print out of everything they did and everything want to do for you.. need it or not!

·
Registered
785 Posts
if that is the case, I recommend to take the truck back and ask them if they have replaced with a new one or just pulled out some used one laying around? It is illegal to sell used Cats and Junkyards even doesn't don't sell used ones. I bought my truck used and check engine light came on after a month. I took it in and they pointed out emission canister. I replaced one of the parts (don't remember what it was called) and it worked fine. In 2019 when check engine light kept appearing and I took it in and it was passenger side cat. $900 later it was fixed and (knock on wood) is running fine. Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with this truck. It appears to be the dealer is not honest.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,346 Posts
Soon...

No. They won't give me anything. All they say is "we're taking care of it". I think they think as long as it was part of the purchase agreement it's none of my business.

On a side note... I made an appointment with a Nissan dealer for 8 July to do a recall PCM flash for the ABS that was never done. I told them what was going on and they said they would hook up a scan and check out the O2 sensors/cats...
Soooo....they took your phone away from you and won't let you take pictures of your own truck when you're at home??

·
Read Only
2019 Nissan Frontier PRO-4X
295 Posts
Got the truck back..no light so far. But when I looked at the catalytic converters they don't look new and even look cut up and welded.
Could this dealer have just hollowed them out to keep the light from coming on?
I hate dealers!
Did you know what the piping looked like BEFORE you took it in? As far as you know the previous owner did the welding?
Very Bizarre for a dealer not to show a breakdown of work performed. Sounds shady to me. 🙄

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry to hear of the troubles. I have done exhaust and 02 sensors not Catalytic converters yet. The Original cats are covered with shielding that will eventually rust away at least here in NY. The Cats are not good looking exhaust pieces a bit rough. If you arent in a Carb compliant state you can buy after market cats for a lot less money... O2 sensor replacement isn’t terrible just need to take wheel off and inner fender for top and get underneath For the down streams . Just went through the check engine light game. First mass air sensor code, then Lean condition which was Upstream O2 sensor then downstream went. So once you get truck back if they haven’t been changed I would do it preventatively. Get yourself a cheap ODB2 scanner like an Autel 50 to 100 bucks. So you can be informed when you go into the mechanic or dealer. Like I said overall I love this truck but there are days it drives me nuts too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I introduced myself when I bought this truck in the new member section... but here's the nightmare I've had since.
On 17 June I bought it from a dealership, used '07 crewcab 4X4 with 116K on it, but, it had a "service engine soon" light. I bought it with an understanding they would fix whatever is causing the light and they agreed.
On 23 June they told mold me it had an O2 code and they replaced the wiring harness but that didn't fix it.
On 24 June they told me it was ready to pick up but couldn't tell me what further they did. I took it home.
On 25 June in the morning the light come.. back to the dealer.
On 25 June in the afternoon they told me it was ready. Again, what they did seems to be a secret. Took it home.
On 26 June in the morning... you guessed it... light came on. Back to the dealer.
That's where it is now... I told them this is the last time. Don't call me until it's fixed, because if that light comes on again I'm taking it back one more time for a full refund....
Any ideas? Thoughts? Advice?
That's the only problem I've ever had with my 2012 Pro 4x. Before you do anything else, wipe out/clean the entire location of the mass air flow sensor. Mine was fouled by the oil residue from a K&N type filter the factory said and seems to be correct as a fix. I went back to stock after spending quite a bit of time, money and parts. The factory knew we were having problems but wouId not reveal the simple cure until they had my vehicle on line with them while at the dealership. That was annoying as we had called them several times for help. You can't hurt your truck by doing this first.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
well... 1K miles and so far the light hasn't come back on... it does sound like there is an exhaust leak but I don't have the time to f with it right now.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts