Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I think I posted in the wrong forum before but here goes.

Have a 2000 Frontier Desert runner, just bought it and its my first foray into Nissan Trucks (drove chevy's all my life). So my questions are,

1.I need to know if the rubber seals between the fender flares and the body can be secured with silicone or something like that? I have one front and rear seal that pop out all the time. If so, would it be best to secure with a bead at each end or along the entire length of the seal?

2. Can anyone tell me the part number of the headboard? The cloth is starting to sag in the front around the mirror and back by the rear cab light and I would like to replace the whole thing.

3. I have a metallic vibration that sounds like a piece of loose sheet metal somewhere. Haven't had a chance to look under it yet but does the exhaust system have a heat shield for the muffler? Or something like it? Doesn't happen at idle and you can rev the engine without a problem. Starts around 15mph and is present when accelerating.

Thanks for your help guys,

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
1. dunno. I just tucked the ends of mine under the flares.
2. check courtesy nissan (Nissan Parts, NISMO and Nissan Accessories - Courtesyparts.com) they have the best prices. either that or see you local parts house and get the cloth and spray adhesive.
3. you have a loose heat shield somewhere. common problem.

And congratulations on the upgrade. I was a chevy fan myself until I spent a few hundred dollar in repairs on an S-10 with less than 50K on it. Just too many problems and not enough positives on that truck.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply.

I started driving with an 82 S-10 then switched to a 91 my grandfather gave me, I know the feeling on the repairs. Was driving an 01 blazer until everything started to go. So far I have to say the Frontier just feels rock solid.

Gonna go and try to find the shield, probably the only complaint I have with it right now :p

·
Premium Member
4,118 Posts
1. I ripped mine out within the first week of having the truck so there was no black between the red flare and red truck.

2. I suggest you find an upholstery supply place and recover it yourself, I redid mine in black and it looked a lot better in my opinion.

And welcome to club frontier!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Found the vibration caused by a loose exhaust clamp, must have finally loosened all the way up cause I could see it moving back and forth on the pipe.

Thanks for the quick replies one and all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts