Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2022 Nissan Frontier King Cab 4X4
1,215 Posts
Welcome from North Carolina. Nice looking rig.

· Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
1,437 Posts
Welcome! What’s a “cattle guard”? Planning on replacing those little street tires with all that lift?

· Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
1,126 Posts
Welcome! What’s a “cattle guard”? Planning on replacing those little street tires with all that lift?
I'm pretty sure that's southern/texan for a grill guard, which isn't pictured.

· Registered
2019, Nissan Frontier SV 4x4, Arctic Blue.
1,126 Posts
In Texas, this is cattle guard:
Nah Man, dat's ze old tripping ankle breaker.
(but that is another name for a grill guard)

EDIT: not sure why some call it that, as I'm pretty sure that won't protect you if you hit a cow in a truck, ya still gonna die.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
Nah Man, dat's ze old tripping ankle breaker.
(but that is another name for a grill guard)

EDIT: not sure why some call it that, as I'm pretty sure that won't protect you if you hit a cow in a truck, ya still gonna die.
I hadn’t ever heard em called that before, but I have no doubt you’re right. Grill guards, I mean.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
believe it or not in California too, in my area we call grill guards cow pushers, 'cause they are stupid and sometimes need a little push to get them to move out of the road.
I’ll actually be in Cali next month. Flying up to Tracy to babysit my sister’s lil demons.

· Registered
1,437 Posts
nice, I used to live in Tracy, but it grew too much for me, hope you enjoy your stay and enjoy the little ones. sorry you have to see how people drive here.
Oh believe me, it’s way too much for me too. I’m gonna try real hard not to leave the house. 😂

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Okay grill guard, cattle guard same thing. Yes they help move the animals out of the way. I ran Tibetan Yaks for 11 year on the place and it helps motivate them with a little push. Now I'm just doing sheep, pigs and chickens, getting to old to deal with 1500lb horned critters.

The bumper got replaced with the custom one cause I slid into a bolder and bent it trying to go around a down tree on a logging road.

I have another set of wheels with bigger tires for summer adventure.

Think that answers most the questions. Oh, also have the K&N air intake on this. Once I finish my other truck this one will be used only for fun and the other my daily driver.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts