Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello guys, new to the forum! Finally made the move to join. I own an old ,but reliable 2005 CC Nissan Frontier SE 4x4! It’s been great despite the older generations issues, haven’t had a bad experience (yet) knock on wood, will be getting a nice lift soon and would like to get the best advise from you guys!

·
Registered
833 Posts
Welcome....
Excellent 1st post with the pic.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Welcome....
Excellent 1st post with the pic.
Yea I guess it really did happen!

Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting a pic.. we love pics! Looks real good and be sure to check all the stickies that apply.. radiator bypass, rear diff mod..

·
Registered
1 Posts
New owner of used Frontier, bought a 2018 on Monday, which immediately had to go back, the A/C was blowing ambient air temperature, which for Arizona even in the winter is NOT "cold" during the day... Got it back this afternoon. A/C seems to be blowing air cooler than ambient, but the test will be as it warms up in the spring. Retired Coast Guard, during which I've seen too much water & ice, therefore retire to the Arizona desert.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
New owner of used Frontier, bought a 2018 on Monday, which immediately had to go back, the A/C was blowing ambient air temperature, which for Arizona even in the winter is NOT "cold" during the day... Got it back this afternoon. A/C seems to be blowing air cooler than ambient, but the test will be as it warms up in the spring. Retired Coast Guard, during which I've seen too much water & ice, therefore retire to the Arizona desert.
Check to see if when sitting at idle the heater is working properly.. blowing Hot air instead of just fairly warm. Our trucks create air pockets in the cooling system and creates the cooling/heating issues mainly at idle. Usually once you’re moving it starts working again.

Usually you’re better off doing this yourself.. dealers don’t seem to get it for some reason.
Over night or during the day if you don’t plan on driving it for a while.. jack up passenger side front and take cap off resivoire and fill to very top, leave the radiator cap on. Let this sit as long as you can or overnight, refill replace cap and you should be good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts