Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking at new tires for my truck. I am going to be switching from the Stock tires, I need something very road friendly. I am in sales and drive A LOT all HWY. I live in South Florida and I have 0 time to do any off-roading right now. So I want a tire that is more condusive to road driving then off-roading. Here is one I found Kumho Road Venture APT KL51, anyone else have any input? I have an 08 Nismo 4wd

·
Registered
154 Posts
I recently replaced the stock BFG Rugged trail's with BFG AT/KO's. Same size tire but more expensive than some other AT's and a lot more expensive than Rugged Trail's. I got these because I do mostly highway driving and very little off-road. They are great, no noise beyond the stock tires on highway, and perform great off-road. Also M/S rated so no chains required in snow. You probably don't encounter much snow in florida but who knows. If you just wnt a basic highway tire I would go with the stock BFG rugged's. Great on highway and work for light off-road, also prety cheap.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
toyo open country AT
nitto terra grapplers
dean XTX's

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
The BFG AT KO is a good multi-purpose tire. I ran a set on my Jeep for 50K miles, mostly road. That experience is what made me put them on my Frontier as well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I had General Grabber HTS on my truck and they were amazing. I drove mostly freeway and it was almost luxury car like. They were quiet, smooth, got good mileage, and were excellent in wet weather. They're ranked #1 in the all season category on tire rack.com. I got mine for just over a hundred bucks a tire and it was money well spent.

·
Registered
578 Posts
if i were doing mostly highway id probably go with a michelin ltx ms i currently run the general grabber at2 and they are a good tire and they are a lot cheaper than the bfg at ko and seem to be pretty comprable

1 - 10 of 10 Posts