Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, :hi:
First just wanted to say Thanks to all the people that have spent the time to load this forum with good info & personal opinions coz I've learned heaps from them already. So Thanks =)

I'm putting a new system in my Truck over the next few weeks and was hoping someone could double check my setup plan if ya got time. I will take lots of pics and do a big write up on how i go with it all.

So This is it so far:
Navarra Duel Cab aka Frontier CC
Head unit i already have, the rest can still be changed.

HU: Alpine
IVA-W502EV + blue-tooth unit
Alpine Electronics of Australia

Speakers: Alpine
6-1/2" Component 2-Way
Front and back with tweeters mounted in doors

Speaker Amp: Alpine
PDX-4.100
Under passenger seat.
I am aware i'll be 10w RMS short on each channel

Subs: Pioneer
2 x 10” slim in a sealed 1.0 Cu.Ft Box
TS-SW2501S4
TS-SW2501S4 - 10" Shallow-Mount Subwoofer with 1200 Watts Max. Power (4 ohm single voice coil) :: Pioneer Australia

Sub Amp:
PDX-1.600
Under Drivers seat

I'll be laying sound dampener in all doors for now and do floor and back wall at a later date.

Also any ideas on reverse cam? i want one which is sunk in ( not one of those hanging ones). Whats good? CCD?

I'm a Tech by trade so will be doing install my self (so i know its done right). But then will get it tuned by a pro.

Any thoughts on the project would be appreciated

Thanks in advance :)

Six

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
i wouldnt waste the money on 2 sets of comps. get the matching set of coax speakers for the rear. other than that i would get a box with 2 chambers instead of both subs in a single air space.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Mylt1, I was thinking that. with the coaxial one ( SPR-17C) as they are almost identical. It would save me making custom adapters for them and a little $$. I just thought it might be good to have everything then same. you dont think it will make any difference (noticeable difference)? I've install a bunch of lower grade systems, but nothing this.

Unfortunately the sub box cant be change as it already made. But might be making my own in the future if this one don't work out.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have the 6.5" alpine 17s pros and tweeters in the doors of my KC. They hit hard and are pretty loud, the material they are built with can withstand a ton. If I had to do it over again, since I don't have rear speakers, I'd go with something that has a little better SQ. Also, one of my tweeters rattled apart and stopped working after about a year.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi 00Frontier4cyl, thanks for your input. Not to stressed if the SQ drops a little as long as they can handle the pressure of that Oz Hip-Hop. (i know the subs arnt the best for it but they will have to make do)

i just pulled the trigger on it and all should be here next week some time. Only thing left is the Reverse Cam and some Dynamat (or Similar product)(S**t is big $$ in Oz) and i'm good to go.

Anyone got a reverse cam that they think S**ts on the rest?

PS i went with the Component in the front and Coax in the back.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi all,
system is in, I've been away so haven't been able to upload pics but i will this week.

I sound-deadend all doors and topped it off with 1/4 sounds foam.
I cant hear cars pull up next to me at the lights =) so i take it i did a good job.

System sound wicked and load as F*#k
Still got a few tweaks to do but all good so far.
I put and amp under both front seats and made some easy to make stands that bolted in thru the hole that are already there so no drilling. so maybe those pics can help some folk out.

Anyway i try get pics up this week and maybe they can help some ppl.

Thanks to the site as i got a lot of info from here.

Six

·
Registered
850 Posts
I've been thinking of putting matching Components in the back now. Since the tweeters are so low it sounds like $#!&. Rear passengers might like to have a litle more SQ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts