Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got the shocks swapped for Bilsteins. Feels like I've seen this before around here. The front looks significantly lifted to me, or is it just me? Reassembled incorrectly?

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were the stock SV suspension before. These are the aftermarket 4600's. I thought about the tires, but it's 200 lbs worth of tires. Didnt seem like enough to give sag in the back. I'll take a picture and post of what I can of the assembly.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTW, the strut assembly is all factory. Only the shock was changed.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My coworker replaced his front shocks/struts with stock bilstein 4600. I measured the height of the fender from the pavement. His truck sits higher than my bils 5100 set at 2".

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
It looks like you bought a PRO4X setup, right? They will sit 1" higher than the stock SV setup.

Pull the tires from the bed and drive it for a while and it may settle. Otherwise, buy a set of PRG adjustable shackles and lift the rear a little.

The rear springs on the Frontier flatten out pretty quickly and that is probably contributing to the front end being up.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can you post a better pic of the spring perches? I'm not convinced yours are installed correctly but I can't tell. They should look like this:

I'll see what I can get when I get back to the house. I had a kid in one,arm and a phone in the other. ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That spring perch is upside down. That's your problem. Notice how the black collar isn't visible in the pic I posted. That's because it's pointed the other way (up).
So the black collar at the bottom should be facing the other way, anf the collar should largely be on the insife of the spring.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
On another note, is that shock just beat up from the install or did they switch shocks out on me. Its supposed to be brand new in the box, though we do live in a dusty climate and I drove about 30 miles.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Here is one with the spring installed where it is easy to see. And yes, yours is upside down.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts