Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, Here's the update:

Added a Weapon-R CAI(secret weapon),good fit and finish. Should be noted for those who aren't noise fans that it is loud, and has a bit of a whistle aound 3K RPM.

Paired the intake with a Banks Monster SS Catback System. Nice sound, bit of a drone, but not terrible.

Also did the TB bypass mod, may return it to stock, doesn't seem to do much.

Front and rear hitch recievers are installed(for use with a cradle set-up for winching).

Have purchased an IMS and Cortex as well. Haven't found time to put the IMS in, but hope fully get to it soon. Cortex should arrive soon. Will probably get to it first as it should take less time to set up.

Thoughts- truck seems to have a better butt-dyno, fuel mileage is down cuz I like the new music it makes!! With some skinny pedal discipline I am getting mileage near my stock set-up, so I am happy enough.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will have to take some

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Would you mind confirming that the rear hitch receiver was a no-drill install, and that there is plenty of clearance for the spare tire to go up/down. What brand receiver is this, and if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay? Is this class 2 or 3? Accepts a 2 or 1 1/4 drawbar for towing? Thanks much!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Rear reciever is from Curt Mfg. Used the Frontier part#. A no drill install, but it was a bit of a job to do by myself. Not easy to seat bolts while holding the hitch up in place. ClassIII, 2" bar. Don't forget to order the wire harness with relays(pre-wire on truck is not complete!!) I like the Curt because the mounting brackets seal up the tube ends, unlike Hidden, etc.. As for the spare, not sure, haven't tried to lower it. But it shouldn't be an issue, I've never had problems with other trucks

·
Registered
36 Posts
Would you mind confirming that the rear hitch receiver was a no-drill install, and that there is plenty of clearance for the spare tire to go up/down. What brand receiver is this, and if you dont mind me asking, what did you pay? Is this class 2 or 3? Accepts a 2 or 1 1/4 drawbar for towing? Thanks much!
The hitch I put on my trusk was easy to install and wire I got the factory hitch and harness because I work for suzuki and get them next to cost :fantastic: I installed by myself and got the warranty with it

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good deal, I don't work for a dealer so I did my research and bought aftermarket for much less. Both recievers and my harness cost about the same as dealer cost for the rear alone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts