Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a week or so ago I had a stereo system installed......
Alpine CDA-9856 deck w/ serius and ipod hookups, Dynaudio 8" drivers in the front doors and tweeters in the dash
along with quite a bit of dynamat ultra in the doors (to keep those 8's from rattleing them apart) 1 farad cap, Usamps AXTU600 tube hybrid amp running the front speakers 190watts per channel RMS, Alpine MRD-M605 600 watt mono amp running a single 12"
alpinr Type-R subwoofer in a nicely constructed custom box.The amps are installed under either seat so they arent visable to undesirables... Just really excited about
this new install. Here are a few pix......

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Stereo Install

That is a nice looking sub. Is that tweed material?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The material on the sub box is the factory "waffle" style material for a completely stock look.
The box was made at Automotive Entertainment in Pasadena Ca. Just kind of a one off.
Thanks for the kind reviews

·
Registered
368 Posts
I am kind of curious about your Dynamat install. Did you do both the outside of the inner doors as well as underneath that on the sheet metal? My installer says the BEST performance for Dynamat in the doors will be a layer next to the metal of the outside doors and a layer where you have it?

Thanks, Bin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Great choice on components - I've always been a fan of Dynaudio speakers. That box is sweet too.

How is the sound quality with the tweeters on the dash? I am debating on whether to use the factory locations or play around with other spots. Just trying to save some time if you have been down that road.

·
Registered
320 Posts
nice install.

should have had the installer pull the box out so you can get better pics :p

that way all the FC guys can make our own :)
that is actuall exactly where i want my sub because no one will ever sit behind me..

any chance you can pull the box out if you needed to? ... ... say to take a few measurements and pics :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Binford, both the inner ond outer shell of the door are dynamated. It made a really big difference in being able to hear the detail the Dynaudio's are capable of reproduceing.

BruceWayne, the sound imaging is a bit frontal with the tweeters in the stock location, But the option of having kick panels built didnt really work for me. I use the footrest all the time, and that is where the drivers side kick panel would have been installed.

But this is my first set of Dynaudio's and I don't think I'd ever be able to go to another brand after being spoiled by the Dyn's..... :twisted:

Kelly, The box sits perfectly flush with the back of the cab after removing the rear passenger seat. There is a recess in the plastic interior where the seat back is they used to build the box so it would look as if nissan would have installed the sub....

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Really awesome and unique set-up. I was looking for some 7-8" drivers, but to no avail until today. How much did the 8" Dynaudios run you, and how does their sound compare to MB Quart?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The 8" Dyns with the Dyn tweets were not nearly cheap.....$700 8O . But in comparison to one of my buddies set up who is running MB Quarts, The Dyn's are far away much cleaner, TONS more midbass, IMHO no comparison...........

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmm... A little pricey for my for me, but probably worth considering. Do you think they'd fit in the rear doors (KC) without cutting sheet metal? I'm looking to get clean crisp bass without adding a sub. Are there any other cheaper alternatives in that size range?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
True they are quite pricey, but since I'm hoping to have the truck for some time I figured I'd go for the good stuff. I had the KC rear door panels off to add dynamat, they would need considerable trimming to fit those 8"s. I saw alpine has 6" mid drivers that would fit in the stock holes. Those along with the components up front I'm sure you could get some good tight mid bass goin. Not sub style bass but good mid's.

·
Registered
200 Posts
frontierthunder,

Just two questions:
1) How much weight did the dynamat add to your doors; and
2) How tightly are the rear doors sealed from moisture? Do you think I could put cross-overs in there?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I bought the exact same headunit from crutchfield, should get it next week.How did install go. Can you post some pics. I also got the ipod plug, how would you rate it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was just wondering how hard that hits? at the angle it looks like its pounding you in the back of the head.

Kinda Reminds me of my first truck. 86.5 hardbody KC, 2-15JL's in a 8qf box, it took up the whole Back Seat. Man, that hit really hard I need to find pics and post them to this Site. Tested it at 155db.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I love the look of that sub box! It looks so... natural! Awesome job! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jwtillema, 1)The dynamat added about 5 lbs to each door. but there is alot of it, the dynamat is on the outer and inner door panels. It greatly reduced the interior road noise, and when you shut the door it just feel incredibly solid(not as if it was'nt b4).
2) Absolutly, it's sealed in the rear doors. I didnt do anything to the rear except add a layer of dynamat and disconnect the speakers.

FrontierDc: Sorry didnt take any pics when I installed the deck But it's very straight forward. Just try to do it w/o unplugging the airbag dash light or the airbad light on the guages will flash, it's easy to reset. But it's not necesarry to unplug the light.
I had the older model alpine deck that needed the ipod box to connect to the deck. what a PITA, it was sooooo ssllllooooooowwwww to go through songs. the new deck with the new speed cord is wwaaayyyyyy better. it scolls through the deck nearly as fast as if you were scrolling through the ipod by itself.

tweaking_it: It hits pretty hard I dont really feel it directly from the speaker, more from the box being screwed to the cab it just vibrates everything, suprisingly w/o all that many rattles. I think mainly due to the amont of dynamat that is installed. I'm planning on removeing the head liner to add more dynamat 8).

05_NISMO_4X4: Thank you for the props. The guys at automotive entertainment did it just as I asked. I was looking for a box to hold a 12" sub but still look as though Nissan might have installed it from the factory.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Thanks man i cant wait for my System i have starting thinking that i am going to start with dyno, then latter on, i will do one thing at a time from there.

Great system man..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts