Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I am rolling to a stop, or accelerating from a stop I have a sqeak from the rear end somewhere. It squeaks seemingly once per revolution. It kinda sounds like a cross b/w the leaf spring squeak and rubbing the soles of wet tennis shoes together. Doesn't really sound like brakes, but it could be.
It does not make the sound in reverse and it quits if I let up on the accelerator. Does not happen everytime, but most of the time.

HELP!

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
If you very lightly apply the brakes, does the squeak stop for the moment you have them applied? If so, you know the source. It could be the e-brake shoes (they're inside the hat), but I doubt it.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it were the brakes, what would make it stop when I let off the accellerator?

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I'm sorry. When I read "When I am rolling to a stop, or accelerating from a stop I have a sqeak from the rear end somewhere", I thought that you might be using the brake when rolling to a stop. Mmmm. I don't have a clue.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Update

When I hear the noise and put the truck in neutral...no noise. I am thinking it is related to the driveshaft. Isn't the driveshaft under the powertrain warranty??? I have 59000 miles on the truck, I wiggled the u-joint on the rear diff end, but did not check the other u-joint near the tranny. Will do tomorrow, If it is loose, should I just replace it with a greaseable u-joint, or take it to the dealer???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts