Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
looking to swap out speakers from OEM, and don't want to put in a amp due to laziness. Was going to install JBL GT7-96 for the front 6x9's, and JBL Club 6520 for the 6.75 in the back. The tweeters I choose are the JBL Club 750T. I'm wondering about wiring in the crossover for the tweeters. Is there space to get the crossover behind the dash without having to remove the dash? Like just pushing into the hole where the tweeter goes on top of the dash? here is a link to the tweeter and a picture https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109CL750T/JBL-Club-750T.html I just think the crossover looks big, and I'm wondering if they have a tweeter out there that already has a crossover built in.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
I have some Polk db1001 tweeters in the factory dash spots (also have inline crossover like those). There is plenty of room behind the dash to tuck them away, IIRC mine live in the kick panels. I did not stick them thru the holes in the dash, but rather fished the wire up from the bottom and then connected to the tweeters.

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
More than enough room under the dash opening for that kind of "crossover" (not sure why they called it that, it's an in-line filter really), just wire it up and you're good

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
More than enough room under the dash opening for that kind of "crossover" (not sure why they called it that, it's an in-line filter really), just wire it up and you're good
It's just an in-line filter for lows... I was reading about crossovers when I posted the question. I just wanted to make sure the filter fitted without too much extra headaches...

Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
It's just an in-line filter for lows... I was reading about crossovers when I posted the question. I just wanted to make sure the filter fitted without too much extra headaches...

Thanks
No actually, Crutchfield (which generally is a great place for reference) called them "crossovers' in the product desacription you linked. I was referring to them, not you

::smile::

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
plenty of room

Got the tweeters in, they sound great, and yes there is plenty of room back there for the filter and wiring… I had to flat mount them on abs plastic (well one has a slight pitch pointing towards the middle of the two front seats. But, the cover is not flush, so I plan to redo that one. But, the sound difference is amazing compared to the cardboard stock tweeters. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the rest in this weekend.

·
Premium Member
7,180 Posts
Got the tweeters in, they sound great, and yes there is plenty of room back there for the filter and wiring… I had to flat mount them on abs plastic (well one has a slight pitch pointing towards the middle of the two front seats. But, the cover is not flush, so I plan to redo that one. But, the sound difference is amazing compared to the cardboard stock tweeters. Hopefully I’ll be able to get the rest in this weekend.
This post requires pics ::wink::

Yeah the room underneath the dash speaker grille is a little limited considering most tweeters are domed at the top. I used polycarbonate to mount my old Image Dynamics tweeters, pretty easy to do nonetheless but I remember having to position the ID tweeters in the right spot so that the dome would clear the underside of the grille.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts