Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally got around to my first real mod: new wheels and tires. 16 x 8.5 MBM Chaos wheels with BFG AT KO2 265/75R16. I'm pretty stoked with the new parts and the new look. Big thanks to Discount Tire! Before and after pics below. Time to get some dirt on these bad boys!

Also, my stock steel wheels (16 x 7) are up for sale in another thread if anyone is interested.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,441 Posts
Nice wheel and tire choice, it looks great.

Clint

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks Clint, I'm very happy with the upgrade

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
The new sneakers look good

·
Registered
2015 CC SL 4x4 - Lear Cap.
231 Posts
looks like a whole different truck!

·
Registered
287 Posts
deckcc193 how's the offset of the wheels? Does it stick out and give it a wider stance? How's the ride with them. I know some aftermarket wheels don't ride as well as OEM. I've had my rig north of 100 MPH with OEM Pro4S/Desert Runner wheels with no vibrations and stable.

Looks great on your truck. I've got the new style Pro4X/Desert Runner wheels now and was contemplating the same wheels you just got.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks everyone, they really gave me a whole new look!

I'm actually very pleased with the ride quality so far. The tires do make a little bit more noise than the stock Long Trails, but nothing annoying. With the wider wheel and stiffer tire, the truck actually corners/handles significantly better than with the stock set up. The drawback is a bit of a stiffer ride, but I don't mind at all. After all, it is a truck. I can't speak for 100+ miles an hour, but so far they seem great on the highway at normal speeds.

As for the offset/stick out, they are now just a hair out past the fender line without any backspacers. I'll try to snap a pic later and post it for you

·
Registered
287 Posts
My 2015 Desert Runner already has a stiffer ride because it came with the Bilstein Off Road Shocks standard. I don't mind the stiffer ride at all... Although I like the Pro4X/Desert Runner wheels I wanted a little different look than every other Pro4X/Desert Runner... I've been looking at the same wheels you just purchased for quite some time but wanted an opinion from someone who has them.. And since Discount I offering $100 rebate with a purchase on their credit card I may pull the trigger on them..

The BFG A/T KO2's look great on your truck but I don't think I'll get them 'til I wear out the Hankook ATMs that came new on my rig.. Thanks for offering to post up some more pictures..

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
racquetballer, attached is a photo of the sidewall to get an idea of the offset. Its on point for what I was looking for. Good luck with the search for wheels

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts