Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
take no offense to this...

but you u are an idiot for putting your exhaust there

dont you offroad..? first time you flex, itll crunch that... actually a dip in the road will crunch that...

change that asap

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah i really never ever take it off road at all, if i do its behind my house for the most part flat wide open trails nothing where flexing is a issue at all

·
Registered
412 Posts
Man, you're probably gonna have some mad drone in the cabin, nice job trying something diffrent though. Did you do a new Ypipe as well?
How are those Dakota M/T's holding up?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
AWESOME! another first gen with a super 44!! youll like her broke in too!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
seriously tho... your gonna hit that

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
i didnt do the y-pipe yet, i plan on going with a 2-1 collector and trying to do a 2.5 inch from cats back with not so much of a (y) more straight, the m/t hold up so so didnt get the mileage tho id like, kinda mad, gonna go with a/t next

i had this idea i thought of today while cleaning my K&N, iv seen it done of many cars but not so much our trucks, not a suprize haha, i removed the stock air box tubing that runs alone fender, with that being gone i have roughly a 4inch hole that is right next to my K&N...my plan was to run a flexible tube kinda like a shop vac tube to where my foglite is (they are busted) this way it sucks cooler air in sending it into the K&N instead of hot engine bay air and when it rains you can plug t up, very simple and seems effective on cars why not our trucks?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
im a ghost i guess

anywho

im looking forward to the pics of the crushed pipe and damage it did to your rocker :)

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
when it gets smashed ill def send them to ya

·
Registered
412 Posts
The intake idea will work no doubt, I would suggest making it so you can block it off need say you go offroading thru some water, last thing you want is to suck water in and scew the motor, I know from experience.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The intake idea will work no doubt, I would suggest making it so you can block it off need say you go offroading thru some water, last thing you want is to suck water in and scew the motor, I know from experience.
how much wate exactly man>? i took the truck tru some puddles and popped the hood then seen some dried water spots on teh filter..

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea im gonna try it out and post pics of the intake and all that when im done, i made the mistake of taking mine through a goooood amount of water, truck went nose first into a rut, hooood was covered idk how but i made it out, truck spuddered for a 2mins then drove fine

·
Registered
412 Posts
how much wate exactly man>? i took the truck tru some puddles and popped the hood then seen some dried water spots on teh filter..

It was one BIG puddle, made the big mistake of going thru it fast and water got sucked in thru my off-brand K&N style cone air filter.
Truck ran, but bent some valves and screwed the motor. Good thing State Farm covered it, it was over $4k for a USED motor and the dealer did all the work.
They make filter covers thats like a bag you put over the filter when off-roading and I here those work good if you know you're gonna be going thru some shiznit

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
It was one BIG puddle, made the big mistake of going thru it fast and water got sucked in thru my off-brand K&N style cone air filter.
Truck ran, but bent some valves and screwed the motor. Good thing State Farm covered it, it was over $4k for a USED motor and the dealer did all the work.
They make filter covers thats like a bag you put over the filter when off-roading and I here those work good if you know you're gonna be going thru some shiznit
Those things work. I need to get one. Because im sick and otred of pulling flies out of my airbox mod. When i go for a day of pre-running or some gnarly mud trails.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
any idea where to get these bags?

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
id look on maybe jegs or some major supply company im sure you can get univeral ones, with the airbox mod how much flow do you get? i have a K&N coldair (witch by no means gets cold air) and i also have the airbox mod to

·
Registered
5,980 Posts
exhaust looks and sounds good man. i was thinking of doing a lightning style exhaust on mine but was told 3 bad things about it...1 was that its illegal in my state to modify the exhaust piping in anyway. 2 the noise would be annoying and unbarable. 3 there would be black suet all over my flare and wheel. you said you don't off raod much anyway so you should be ok and it looks killer.

·
Registered
890 Posts
might wannatry loading your rear end up with some friends, or jack it up to test the flex and make sure its not going to bottom out on that pipe, looks cool though cant check vid at work but ill check it out later,

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks man, so in your state you cant mess with the exhaust at all??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts