Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Replaced, most likely the factory shocks, on my '11 pro4x few days ago. Truck has 109k miles on it so its well over due. I opted for the 5100s even though I don't have a lift. Ride quality was instantly noticeable. However I still have a squeak in the front end. Happens when I hit a dip such as pulling into my driveway that goes up a little from the roadway. Other than that there is no noise. The sway bar links and sway bar bushings felt solid. Has to use a rod to move the sway bar down enough to remove the lower shock bolt on each side. Rubber in the top of the struts looked okay. Nissan manual says replace if needed. I didn't see any cracking or stress. I forgot to order some from a local store so I didn't have them during install.

Any ideas of where I can start looking?

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Sway bar mounts could need lube, can confirm by disconnecting both sides of the sway bar and drive your driveway dip. But I'd suspect your LCA &/or UCA bushings. You might just be able to break the bolts loose for the control arms, grease up the bushing ends/washers with anti-seize, but the bolts for the control arms have a tendency to rust in place inside the bushings.

When you replaced your shocks, did you loosen up the LCA bolts and swing the lower arm down?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Check the body mounts on the core support. That was my problem they may need to be cleaned and lubed up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts