Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brake job needed already! The front brakes, I'm getting a vibration when I brake, and during hard braking, I have to put alot of force. The rears have this hideous squeek. I saw the service bullitin someone posted but to little to late. I just went over 38,000 miles. I have an extended warranty, but don't think the brakes would be covered due to regular maintenance.
Thought about getting the rotors turned, but at $30 to $40, why not just replace the rotors. So there is the delima, D/S or stock? Please Help!

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I'm thinkin about doin the same thing. I have that squeek too with my back brakes, never thought I could get it fixed by them though. Out of warranty anyway so oh well. I'm thinkin about puttin D/S all the way around on mine as well. Where you thinkin about gettin them from?

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinkin about doin the same thing. I have that squeek too with my back brakes, never thought I could get it fixed by them though. Out of warranty anyway so oh well. I'm thinkin about puttin D/S all the way around on mine as well. Where you thinkin about gettin them from?
I have been looking on e-bay, found some for $220 for the front(probably a mistake) but I don't know where else to look. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
My dad actually ordered a set of slotted rotors from them for my mom's Sequoia. They are actually really nice. They were a damn good price if remember right too. I've been lookin on ebay too, that's prolly where I'll get mine from.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Just an FYI on R1s, if you call them you will get a better price then Ebay. This is what a couple of members have stated and I am planning on the same thing.

Also, drilled and slotted are nice but once you drill them, they may crack more easily so idk if that is the best choice especially on a vehicle that weighs a lot and produces a lot of heat when braking due to that friction.

My personal plan is to go with the R1s that are slotted and then EBC Green pads. I don't think I will need to go to the yellows or reds but will cross that road when I come to it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Get some Power Slot rotors and some EBC pads... call it a day..

Leave the holes,dimples and psuedo slots for the civics.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts