·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i think they look pretty good, im almost thinkin about buying a set. But also i dont want the truck to look ricey.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Yeah, I hear that. I would get them if it was possible to turn the blue shlt off. Do they make them for the 2nd gen?

Can you do me a favor? can you bump my thread "the dirt on toyota" please

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Dude! Nice find! I gave up on head lights becuase I felt like there either sooo cheap they will last 3 months or you spend $500+ on good ones. These look like a solid alturnitive. I wrote a question to the seller about not hooking up the halo part and it still working ok. If they say it will, I will def buy them! So excited, I hope it will work.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If/when you guys pick these up can you please bump this thread with pics, feelings and a write up. (please :) )

I think these also look great! I hope they are stand up better than the first ones...

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i'm skeptical. looking at the back of the headlight, it looks alot like the back of the headlights i have now. i wouldn't doubt they are made by the same company, and i would doubt they are miraculously better quality.
ccfl is only the halos. its just a flourescent ring. as opposed to a plastic ring that a couple of led lights shine into to illuminate it.
led/ccfl rings are commonly used to enhance the look of bmw headlights. i have some led rings on mine. i did alot of research and found that some of the guys on the bimmer forums were having problems with some of their ccfl halos. ccfl lights use a ballast or regulator box similar to hid lights.
i'm willing to bet that these lights are made by the same company, and if they are, the quality is going to suck.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm skeptical. looking at the back of the headlight, it looks alot like the back of the headlights i have now. i wouldn't doubt they are made by the same company and are miraculously better quality.
ccfl is only the halos. its just a flourescent ring. as opposed to a plastic ring that a couple of led lights shine into to illuminate it.
led/ccfl rings are commonly used to enhance the look of bmw headlights. i have some led rings on mine. i did alot of research and found that some of the guys on the bimmer forums were having problems with some of their ccfl halos. ccfl lights use a ballast or regulator box similar to hid lights.
i'm willing to bet that these lights are made by the same company, and if they are, the quality is going to suck.
thanks for the input man, is it like the output of the projectors your dont like or what? just the plain ol quality of em?

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
everything. other than looks (when they are new before they start falling apart), there is nothing about them that is good.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
kk i think ima just stay away from the aftermarket headlights period lol

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
everything. other than looks (when they are new before they start falling apart), there is nothing about them that is good.
Yo roast, for one who makes your head lights? And what do you think if they didn't see hard core 4x4? Think that's what kills them? There has to be something that looks like that that doesn't cost $500.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Offroading has nothing to do with the diminish of roastbeefs ebay projectors. they are just straight up junk. they went bad when his truck was still 2wd if im not mistaken. even the set a buddy of mine got for his f150 were terrible. These new ones i expect to give the same unhappy ending to whatever sucker dishes out 220 big ones.

I know how much all of you want to replace the ugly as sin stockers. but would you rather look good or see good?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Offroading has nothing to do with the diminish of roastbeefs ebay projectors. they are just straight up junk. they went bad when his truck was still 2wd if im not mistaken. even the set a buddy of mine got for his f150 were terrible. These new ones i expect to give the same unhappy ending to whatever sucker dishes out 220 big ones.

I know how much all of you want to replace the ugly as sin stockers. but would you rather look good or see good?
yeah one review throws it down for me, when i get my new lights im just gunna paint the bezels again. Id rather modify the stockers than get junk sh1t

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
yeah as long as they get sealed back up correctly its definitely the best option. Ive been wanting to do it for quite some time.

however i have seen a set of those aftermarket black oem style ones on ebay every now and again. i guess they werent bad. just not made anymore and hard to come by.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah as long as they get sealed back up correctly its definitely the best option. Ive been wanting to do it for quite some time.

however i have seen a set of those aftermarket black oem style ones on ebay every now and again. i guess they werent bad. just not made anymore and hard to come by.
like a wanna be factory blackout?

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Yeah i can even remember a member on here selling a pair about a year or so ago. maybe some one else can provide you a link to a picture. I don't really know much about them other than they are a rarity.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Yeah i can even remember a member on here selling a pair about a year or so ago. maybe some one else can provide you a link to a picture. I don't really know much about them other than they are a rarity.
well i dont im gunatry too hard to find them ill just DIM lol

^
wow that made alot of sense

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
offroading really has nothing to do with it. the desert is hot, but it has nothing to do with how these headlights took a dump on me.
a ccfl system is more delicate than a led system, so these headlights are probably worse than the original ones, especially if the quality is anywhere near the first set of lights.
i painted my old headlights black and i'm going to swap them out as soon as i stop being lazy.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts