Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know my TACO had REALLY bad retractors for the seat belts and a complicated fix that worked. The drivers retractor on my 05 KC SE 4X4 is pitiful at best. It's weak and I'm getting tired of a wet seat belt when it ends up hanging out the door in the rain.

Any way to tighten it up like the TACO fix so it will retract reliably?

Thanks in advance,

Larry:)

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
This is the first I've heard of this. When I take mine off I sub-consciously ensure it isn't twisted - and therefore gets pulled in.

Are you sure a twist isn't your problem?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Even though that seems to also be an issue due to the design of the upper swivel that's not the cause of my problem. The difference between the tension of the driver's side and the passenger side is substantial.

I have to fiddle with the thing everytime I get out to keep from slamming it in the door or leaving it hanging out.

Larry:)

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
Mine is weak as well. Most vehicles they retract so fast it doesn't matter if there is a twist because it straightens it out for you. I don't really have a problem with it but people keep shutting my damn belt it the door.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
yea, mine does not retract well at all and am always throwing it up into the seat so it does not get caught in the door. Would love to know how to fix this.

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
mine does it sometimes it may go months and work great then all of a sudden for a few day it doesnt wanna go back in but will very slowly

·
Registered
174 Posts
mines pretty weak as well, always gotta feed it in before i close the door. i guess the first place to start would be how is the taco one fixed? im sure seatbelt retractors are all fairly similar

·
Registered
6,057 Posts
mine are too strong. if i let it go, it whacks the plastic panel and leaves a mark. I have to ease it up at least half way before letting go.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I asked this a while back and it was suggested that on my '03 I clean the surface that the seat belt slides through as it retracts. It does get gummed up after a while. That helped slightly.

-Jeff

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I asked this a while back and it was suggested that on my '03 I clean the surface that the seat belt slides through as it retracts. It does get gummed up after a while. That helped slightly.

-Jeff
I am at work so I can't really run out and check..but is it easy to pop the cover off where it retracts and clean that as well? I can only imagine if the guides are "gummed up" what the actuall rollers on the inside must look like.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
mine are too strong. if i let it go, it whacks the plastic panel and leaves a mark. I have to ease it up at least half way before letting go.
I'll trade you ;)

·
Registered
378 Posts
Not saying it's a cure all, but noticed mine were kinda on the weak side too. Opened the rear door and pulled the belt out till it stopped, then let it retract. After about 6 complete cycles, the belt seemed to retract much better.

·
Registered
643 Posts
i like how mine works cause in my old car it retracts so fast it always hits the window tint leaving a lot of dings lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts