Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bully Dog Triple Dog GT Gas 40410
this is the new GT read more about it on the link above.Bullydog sent my buddy which owns a shop 1 of these and has a chip in it to use on any truck that Bullydog makes programmers for.I will be putting it on my truck Monday to try it out.I wanted to see if there is any intrest in these .I can get them shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states for 360.00.Unlimited amount so anyone who wants 1 can get it at that price.

I have other deals working
Volant
ARB lockers
Airraid
K&N
Maganaflow
Superchips
Hypertech
Banks

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
very cool, that driving couch is something cool

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yeah our other buddy has it on his 2008 Chevy right now and im trying in Monday ,I might even take my truck to the track and see how it does with it
Are you going to post up results and all that ?

Because this may sway me from the Superchips cortex. If it does well for your vehicle. I really like the fact it shows real world MPG and the adjustablility of transmission ratios to better suite the drivers needs.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
yes I will,hell I will be impressed if I can break these 33s loose
My tires measure in at 33.1 according to Coopers website. So if anything your doing alot of reasearch for me.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Very interested. Any news on claimed HPTQ gains? I have been waiting for a new programmer to come out.
It claims 10-15hp on regular tune with 85 octane & 35hp with peformance tune on 91 octance.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
I have the Manual for the tuner and it states up to 40,but this thing does so many other things.Would be nice to get the speedo correct again
I dont have to worry about the speedo since my is spot on. Now does it state that its 40 by itself or when combined with other products such as exhaust ??

·
Premium Member
2,713 Posts
Looking at the site, I am disappointed. Tuning the transmission, changing shift points, and recalibrating based on gear ratio, is not an option for the Nissan's...all features which I could really use.

I was actually hoping the trany features would allow some of us to work around the whole tone ring fiasco that comes along with swapping a non stock rear end.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
doesnt say about anything else,on Diesel motors you can change settings on the fly but not on Gas
Well since your able to tune each particular element such as transmission & ecu with this tuner. Im more than interesting what #'s you could pull with an aftermarket exhaust and intake.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Looking at the site, I am disappointed. Tuning the transmission, changing shift points, and recalibrating based on gear ratio, is not an option for the Nissan's...all features which I could really use.

I was actually hoping the trany features would allow some of us to work around the whole tone ring fiasco that comes along with swapping a non stock rear end.
Just re-read that and even though questionable. If the demand for the product for the nissans is meet. Then im sure they could see to making those adjustments available for the consumer eventually.

For me and what i will be working with its more than adequate for my usuage. If you look closer we are the only makes that has the WOT problem & the rev limiter issues resolved with this tuner.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
So does any one make a programmer that offers the missing "x"?
My understanding is that the transmission has a separate computer which would require it's own tune. Should be re-programmable, but might be difficult. Hypertech has an inline speedo re-calibrator, but it's sold separate from the programmer. It adjusts for tire size and gear change, but doesn't change the transmission settings.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
My understanding is that the transmission has a separate computer which would require it's own tune. Should be re-programmable, but might be difficult. Hypertech has an inline speedo re-calibrator, but it's sold separate from the programmer. It adjusts for tire size and gear change, but doesn't change the transmission settings.
Thanks, good to know.

·
Registered
770 Posts
:laugh:40hp increase, bullshit. Even Uprev does not give those gains. Supechips only gives 16hp/18tq. MAYBE on the VK56.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
:laugh:40hp increase, bullshit. Even Uprev does not give those gains. Supechips only gives 16hp/18tq. MAYBE on the VK56.
Even their dyno plot on the 5.6L only shows a peak horsepower increase of 23.

Still, it is a pretty neat tool. Don't care for the driving coach feature though to be honest. But, $360 to the front door is a great price for this.

1 - 20 of 223 Posts