Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, new to site and owner of a 2016 frontier pro-4x - v6. I am so excited to begin making this truck my own. I really would like to begin with a lift where I could still use stock wheels for now but be able to upgrade later with a more beefier set. What is the less expensive and not too aggressive way of lifting the truck. I read that blisten 5100 is the way to go and others say go with rear block and strut adapter? Also I read that pro4x could only go up 1.5" in front. I was looking for only 2 to 3 inch lift without effecting the ride. Any help on this? Also why aren't any light upgrades available. I have tons of questions and I'll be tuning in this site for guidance

·
Registered
352 Posts
There is lots of info out there on this. It’s a lot to go thru so I’ll give ya a quick overview

Level kits say they don’t work with pro4x but they do. Trucks are the same. If you do a level kit, stay 2” and under to avoid coil bucket contact.

Coil bucket contact will occur with any lift over 2” without new upper control arms. Lift is limited to 3” on our trucks due to suspension geometry unless you want to spend a lot more $$$.

That being said, I run almost 4” with coil overs, new upper arms and no diff drop bracket. have had no issues on the trails. Never broken anything, have plenty of droop travel and lots of up travel.

·
Premium Member
7,268 Posts
Hi folks, new to site and owner of a 2016 frontier pro-4x - v6. I am so excited to begin making this truck my own. I really would like to begin with a lift where I could still use stock wheels for now but be able to upgrade later with a more beefier set. What is the less expensive and not too aggressive way of lifting the truck. I read that blisten 5100 is the way to go and others say go with rear block and strut adapter? Also I read that pro4x could only go up 1.5" in front. I was looking for only 2 to 3 inch lift without effecting the ride. Any help on this? Also why aren't any light upgrades available. I have tons of questions and I'll be tuning in this site for guidance
Welcome to the forum.
Please read the suspension sticky first. Do the research, lots of answers for your questions already exist:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/...s-2005-please-read-before-posting-here-63966/

The only (head)light upgrades available are cheesy eBay projectors, or retrofit your own headlamps with projectors. Fog lamps you have a couple more options from Rigid Industries, Morimoto, or Rough Country.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts