Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellas,
New to the forum. Just bought a 2016 Pro-4x with the 6 speed, over here near Corvallis (Go Beavs). Definitely not new to Nissan/Datsun, have owned or my family has owned every Datsun/Nissan truck model since the 70's. This forum has tons of great info and ideas, and I will be lurking.

Keep the info and ideas flowing!

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
You are now the newest member of the 6-speed Mafia...welcome!
>:D

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I just enjoy manual transmissions so much more. Way better control and response on and off-road (which I do often)

·
Premium Member
7,128 Posts
You darn near had double the miles on your '00 than I did w/ mine. Any clutch replacements? Guessing at least one??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know, it never had the clutch replaced. If it did it was before 50k, when it was bought. I have noticed the clutch feels similar to a racing clutch (I have never felt a stock clutch as tight and as hard gripping as that one), which has allowed 4 teens (including myself) to learn to drive on it; pretty amazing. I do remember having to replace the return spring (clutch lever had to be pulled up with my toe). Other than that, it has had ONE tune-up, and 1 timing chain its entire life. We take care of our rigs, but by no means baby them. Unfortunately (but long overdue) the tranny finally gave out (2nd and 4th still work...). I can only hope my Pro-4x has the same DNA!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2014 Grad from Oregon State, and I now live about 10 minutes from campus so I pretty much bleed orange and black; the sight of green and yellow makes me nauseous!::grin::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts