Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just thought I would finally say hello from Northern Michigan! New 2016 Pro-4x KC 4x4 in Gunmetal Grey I picked up on Halloween. Been lurking here for a while, reading up. Also have a 2012 Altima 2.5S so I am not new to Nissan. Tons of good info here and also a member over on Nissanclub.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hello! Any mods yet?

Reactions: Gunmetal_Pro4x

·
Registered
397 Posts
...welcome to the club, enjoy your new ride!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've put Philips Xtreme Vision 9007 bulbs in and a Compustar remote start so far. Also have WeatherTech floor mats up front.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Lots of good info on here. Enjoy your new truck!

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
I've put Philips Xtreme Vision 9007 bulbs in and a Compustar remote start so far. Also have WeatherTech floor mats up front.
How do you like your new bulbs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do you like your new bulbs?
Honestly, on this truck I saw almost no difference from the stock Sylvania 9007's. The headlights are adjusted way too low from the factory for sure! I adjusted them up some, but I could still go higher. The headlights in general and the armrests or lack of are the only two real negatives I don't like about the truck.

·
Premium Member
6,063 Posts
Agree on armrest. Some have addressed this w/ success.
New bulbs have mixed reviews, but none that make any kind of a big difference. Retrofitting projectors seems the way to go...but it is quite a task &/or involves some expense.
While I like my silver, am jealous they didn't offer your Gunmetal in '15. Kudos!

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Honestly, on this truck I saw almost no difference from the stock Sylvania 9007's. The headlights are adjusted way too low from the factory for sure! I adjusted them up some, but I could still go higher. The headlights in general and the armrests or lack of are the only two real negatives I don't like about the truck.
Welcome to the club.

About the headlamps, yeah - They're like that so that when you have a full load in the bed, the headlamps won't be pointed in the sky. I went about 1-1/2 turns up on my headlamps to get them "normal".

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Welcome to the club.

About the headlamps, yeah - They're like that so that when you have a full load in the bed, the headlamps won't be pointed in the sky. I went about 1-1/2 turns up on my headlamps to get them "normal".
I've read that on here and it does make sense. For me though I will be doing little towing or have much heavy cargo in the bed for it to be correctly aimed. So like you I had to adjust them up as well.

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
I've read that on here and it does make sense. For me though I will be doing little towing or have much heavy cargo in the bed for it to be correctly aimed. So like you I had to adjust them up as well.
Same... I load it up on occasion when camping, but most often it's just a mountain bike in the back.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts