Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a new Pro-4x with a 6 speed manual last week. I've been searching for a Pro-4x with the 6 speed in the right color for a while so when I found this one relatively close to home and the price was right, I had to jump on it. Previously, I was in the market for a slightly used 370z nismo until I found out exactly what insurance would cost for a 22 year old. I have some plans for the Frontier so there will be many mods to come as the weather warms up!

Attachments

·
Registered
795 Posts
Nice truck there bud! Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Congrats

Welcome to the 6spd mafia it's the most fun group >:D

Congrats in your fortitude and getting a 6spd manual, let's make sure they know we all aren't sheepeople ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Life's too short for a yawn-o-matic. Shift, RUSH...repeat!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
I was 21 years old when i traded my 2006 Acura Rsx -S for this truck. I believe i was paying $230 a month for full coverage. When i insured my truck, it was <$100. Today i pay $1 a day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow, your pretty lucky to get a find like that, I want to find a 6spd king cab 2wd frontier, those are very rare

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys! Insurance for the z was going to be almost the same as the monthly loan payment so I think I'll wait a few years when my insurance rate drops before I get something fast. I have a motorcycle that will satisfy that urge in the meantime 🏍🤘. Not exactly sure what will be the first mod yet, I'm kinda torn between an exhaust and rock sliders at the moment.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome. I would have preferred a 6-speed but was shopping used and the one manual I found the dealer wouldn’t deal, so ended up with a Pro-4X slush box.

On a positive note my wife can drive this one...wait is that a positive? 🙂

·
Registered
44 Posts
Just picked up a new Pro-4x with a 6 speed manual last week. I've been searching for a Pro-4x with the 6 speed in the right color for a while so when I found this one relatively close to home and the price was right, I had to jump on it. Previously, I was in the market for a slightly used 370z nismo until I found out exactly what insurance would cost for a 22 year old. I have some plans for the Frontier so there will be many mods to come as the weather warms up!
Sweet! Happy new truck! Welcome!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Another new member here.

We picked up the same truck assuming it's black (I can't really tell by the picture) about a month ago.

My wife and I are both shifting freaks as well.

Until I started looking through different makes I didn't realize you could still buy a 4 x 4 manual in the US.

I REALLY want a diesel manual 4 x 4, but it seems as though this is going to remain a pipe dream that will never be realized.
It sounds as though Ford isn't going to follow through with this combo in the new Ranger as originally reported.

Oh well. We now have something to tow the boat and are happy thus far.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
Ram makes a 3/4 ton diesel manual...though not sure if in 4x4 drivetrain.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Another new member here.

We picked up the same truck assuming it's black (I can't really tell by the picture) about a month ago.

My wife and I are both shifting freaks as well.

Until I started looking through different makes I didn't realize you could still buy a 4 x 4 manual in the US.

I REALLY want a diesel manual 4 x 4, but it seems as though this is going to remain a pipe dream that will never be realized.
It sounds as though Ford isn't going to follow through with this combo in the new Ranger as originally reported.

Oh well. We now have something to tow the boat and are happy thus far.
My wife and I are shifting freaks too, But I've fallen victim to no manual available. But it's much easier backing into a tight camping spot

Attachments

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
But both of these have 6spds so I can still get my fix >:D

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts