Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I'll second that! I used those on my 04 Maxima, and they really do make a big difference. I had the cool "carbon fibre" ones btw.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I allways use rain-x and then use boush micro edge blades. ive used many different brands of "high end" blades and the boush are the only ones that work for me...

·
Registered
391 Posts
The big question I'd have is.. can I get refills locally? Seems nearly everyone is trying to sell complete blades to everyone.. hardly any refills available anywhere..

·
Registered
503 Posts
I originally didn't like these, but I put them back on and they are much better than the OEM or Rain-X wipers.

·
Registered
391 Posts
JasonB said:
Neither of these links work. They might if you're a registered user, but I'm not.

Did find some information on them, and some reference to a special cleaning and application of something to the windshield before they are installed. Which sounds very odd, perhaps the real reason people rave about them is that they actually cleaned their windshield properly for once? Of course the blades will work nice on a clean windshield.

·
Registered
232 Posts
brianbfd said:
This may be an ignorant or uninformed question. What makes them so much better?
Do any of you use rain-x and not use wipers at all while at highway speed?

The question of "What makes them so much better?" remains unanswered...

·
Registered
389 Posts
how do the Piaa's hold up in the freezing conditions?

·
Premium Member
4,070 Posts
brianbfd said:
The question of "What makes them so much better?" remains unanswered...
I don't have them personally, but here is some info from the link posted by the OP.

"...PIAA has an innovative new wiper blade made out of Super Silicone that not only clears a windshield more efficiently, its smooth surface ensures silent wiper motion. These blades coat your windhshield everytime you use them. Similiar to what RainX does, but will last as long as you have the blades on your car! Extensive laboratory tests have shown that PIAAs Super Silicone blades maintain a sharp, clean edge for streak-free operation after more than 230,000 cycles, and they resist deterioration from the elements better than traditional wiper blades. PIAA wiper blades offer smooth & quiet operation- no annoying chatter. Clearer visibility - no streaking or blind spots. Higher quality rubbers stay soft in cold weather, last much longer. Inserts are easily replaceable and available on our site."

And here is the link: http://www.burtmanindustries.com/zoo...p_bblade_05_up

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
So, we're getting advertisements in the General Discussion forum now?

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
I bought a set of PIAA Wiper Blades for my 2000 Xterra and transferred the blades to my 2003 Xterra. When I got rid of my 03 Xterra, I took them off and gave them to a friend who still has his Xterra and still has the blades from when I originally bought them in late 2000. They are still working great. They are still quiet and clean his winshield perfectly after 6.5 years of abuse in Hawaii's hot salty air. I will surely buy a set for my Frontier after the OEM's where out.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
msubullyfan said:
So, we're getting advertisements in the General Discussion forum now?
I noticed this happening alot more recently too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts