Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought 2012 SV 4 door. I was hot on buying a Tacoma and came across this truck. I like it, however, I just had the dealer tell me there is a relief screw on the back diff that got clogged and puked oil out of a seal. She said it should be changed twice a year? I live in NY and the salt is brutal on things. Any one else shed some light on this? Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning more about these trucks in this forum

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
There is a vent mod on here. I don't know if that will fix the problem FWIW I had my 1st 07 up in new England and then Indiana for 5 years and never had issues. Wash her underside regularly.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
987 Posts
After you get your axle seals fixed here is some info and DYI on the axle vent mod.

Click on the link below:
http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f62/2nd-gen-axle-vent-mod-write-up-40925/

Just bought 2012 SV 4 door. I was hot on buying a Tacoma and came across this truck. I like it, however, I just had the dealer tell me there is a relief screw on the back diff that got clogged and puked oil out of a seal. She said it should be changed twice a year? I live in NY and the salt is brutal on things. Any one else shed some light on this? Thanks in advance and I look forward to learning more about these trucks in this forum

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
Hello and welcome

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 4 of 4 Posts