Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks. Brief intro: I'm from East Texas. I'm new to Frontiers. I'm old. Please be gentle.

I just bought a new 2018 SV Crew Cab Frontier. Drove a couple of miles from the dealership and started to hear a noise like running water. Sounds like it is coming from the right side engine compartment although it may be coming form inside the cab. I now have 211 miles on the truck and I have heard this on 3 different occasions. Is this a common thing? Is it easily corrected? I live over 40 miles from the nearest dealership so I hope this is something I can tend to myself. Your wise council will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
David Price

·
Registered
501 Posts
My guess is the cooling system was not properly filled at the factory and what you hear is due to air trapped in the heater. You can check on this site for coolant fill procedure with instructions for getting the trapped air out of the system. Be sure to use a 50/50 coolant that is compatible with Nissan coolant. I think Amazon has Nissan coolant, I use Zerex Asian Vehicle formula coolant.

Or you could do the 80 mile round trip and let the dealer do it. Keep an eye on temperature gage and shut it down if it starts to overheat.

Welcome to CF and congratulations on the new truck, they are good vehicles and last a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts