Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Bowling Green, Ky. I bought this truck 2 weeks ago and I love it so far. Its the V6 SE King Cab with 99,000 miles on it. It is my understanding that I need to either put in an aftermarker radiator or do a by pass of the trans oil cooler in the stock radiator, Correct? And as I understand it, most any vehicle could have a problem with cross contamination between the radiator and the trans fluids but that the Frontier 05-2010 is at a much higher risk. So if I put in an aftermarket (quality) radiator, then I would have no larger risk than any other vehicle with an internal radiator trans cooler, correct? But the only way to have NO RISK OF cross contamination is to do the bypass. I just want to confirm that I'm understanding things correctly. I have just ordered the Denso 221-3409 Radiator from Amazon. I can return it if there is a better option by my plan to to install this myself and I have no plans of doing the bypass. By the way, has anyone else changed the radiator themselves? It looks to be pretty involved,

1 - 1 of 1 Posts