Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I just bought 2016 Frontier v6. I have a couple questions that i like to hear from owners.

1. Yesterday after running a truck with AC on for few hours, i noticed that "moisture" on AC pressure line that near firewall. Is this normal? I havent seen any on previous cars that i had. It was a lot moisture on pressure line.

2. Shake/vibration. Found few thread about this issue. Truck shakes/vibration that i can feel on my feet on brake pedal. Is anyone ever fix this issue? Looks like Truck idle at 550~560 rpms.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum & congrats on your new Frontier!! To answer your first question, yes, the condensation on the AC line near the firewall is completely normal. However, in order to answer your second question we're gonna need a few more details. When does the truck "shake/vibrate"? Are you saying it does this at idle? If so, & with it being a brand new truck, you can take it back to the dealer you purchased it from & have them bump up the idle speed. According to the FSM (factory service manual) for my '13 V6, the idle speed should be between 600rpm & 675 rpm. 550rpm-560rpm is waaay to low. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you GB frontiersman!

Its good to hear its normal for AC line moisture. Makes me feel better :)

I can definally feel when i stopped at red light. Gear in D and when foot holding brake pedal. (With AC on)

I will ask dealer when my license plate is ready.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've found the same vibration with my v6 when stopped and with AC on or off. I feel this is normal and I've heard others describe similar observations.
In my experience, the VQ engine design is simply one that tends to have a lot of vibrations at a stop and in drive - specifically the automatics. I don't hear about this involving manual transmissions. With the cousin VQ30/35's, Nissan used electronic motor mounts to eliminate this issue. I've never cared enough about the vibrations to verify, but to the best of my knowledge there are no electronic mounts on these trucks - wouldn't make sense to me if there was - so I believe the vibration you feel stems from the stiff mounts used. Therefore the engine vibrations are transferred into the cabin via pedal/steering wheel/etc.

Of course, consider I come from the world of modified Maxima's/Z's/I's/Altima's where, as an automatic, vibrations in the cabin are common place due to solid motor/transmission/torque mounts, subrame collars, and 3"+ exhausts, etc. So for me, the "little" vibration in these trucks is practically unnoticeable and simply - for me - part of driving a truck rather than a comfortable, unmodified, fwd, sedan.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The big line on the AC gets cold. It will condensate wherever there are gaps in the insulation.

If the truck is vibrating while idling or stopped, it's probably low idle.

Do this.
With the vehicle in Park and the AC off, what is the idle?
Now in Park with the AC on?
Now in Drive, Stopped, with AC off?
Now in Drive, Stopped, with AC on?

For all situations, it should remain between 600 and 700 RPMs.

Either the base idle is really low or the AAC valve (or electronic throttle?) isn't providing enough air to compensate for the AC.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts