Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2018 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4. It has 16 inch tires and stock wheels on it and I just feel like it's too low to the ground. Was going to get some all terrain tires put on it but I'm afraid if I go too big, when I make sharp turns it will rub. Has anyone had bigger tires put on their newer model Frontiers yet?

·
Premium Member
7,500 Posts
Welcome!
Your truck comes w/ 265/70-16s. You can safely go to 265/75-16s w/ no issues. Any larger/taller or changing to aftermarket wheels will require some research around here.

·
Vendor
2,919 Posts
Hello Katrina, welcome to the community! Post some pictures of your Frontier when you get a chance. Lots of very informed members on here with a wealth of information, so you've come to the right place!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hello Katrina and welcome to the club. I I have the 18” wheels that came with midnight package. I plan on doing the Rancho 2.5” lift kit just to give her more ground clearance. I will post pictures when I get it done.

Reactions: mlwinnig

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Nissan Frontier SV 4x4. It has 16 inch tires and stock wheels on it and I just feel like it's too low to the ground. Was going to get some all terrain tires put on it but I'm afraid if I go too big, when I make sharp turns it will rub. Has anyone had bigger tires put on their newer model Frontiers yet?
Thought SV's were on 17's. Or is that part of the SV Extra Value Package? Looks like 18's are not a problem. I like my 17's ( pretty sure that's what they are)...

2016 Crew cab SV 4WD (EVP).

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Frontier SV 4x4 Crew Cab
1,100 Posts
Thought SV's were on 17's. Or is that part of the SV Extra Value Package? Looks like 18's are not a problem. I like my 17's ( pretty sure that's what they are)...

2016 Crew cab SV 4WD (EVP).

I've got a 2016 4x4 SV too, 16s... take a look and see what you've got, if you have 17s they might be aftermarket? i know there were 17" xterra wheels (those weird 4 spokes)

pretty sure the only option is the 18's that only some Frontiers used to come with years ago but they brought it back as an option for 2018. i've never seen a 17" option on a Frontier

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've got a 2016 4x4 SV too, 16s... take a look and see what you've got, if you have 17s they might be aftermarket? i know there were 17" xterra wheels (those weird 4 spokes)

pretty sure the only option is the 18's that only some Frontiers used to come with years ago but they brought it back as an option for 2018. i've never seen a 17" option on a Frontier
Hmm... then mine must be 16's too. Doubt they were changed. Except for 4 UtiliTrac tiedowns I believe it is a stock '16 SV 4WD EVP Crew.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
1,975 Posts
If you're looking to stay with stock wheels for 18", the "Sport" trucks sold in 2012 or so had 18". They had "FRONTIER" and some striping emblazoned on the sides at a 30 degree angle.

A coworker has one. I don't think that she realized that the grille color, rear bumper color, wheels, and the decals were really the only thing "sport" about the truck.

·
Premium Member
7,500 Posts
OEM 18" wheels are essentially upper tier LE/SL trim level.
Here's an exception:

2012 Sport Appearance Package
18 x 7.5 machined-finish aluminum-alloy wheels
P265/60-18 all-season radial tires
Fog lights
Hyper silver grille
Body-color rear bumper
Bodyside sport graphics
8-way manual driver's seat with manual lumbar support
Overhead console with sunglasses holder
Driver's seatback pocket
Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System
White-faced sport gauges
Trip computer
AM/FM/in-dash 6-disc CD changer with 6 speakers, CD-MP3/WMA playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS), and speed-sensitive volume (SSV) control
Steering-wheel-mounted audio controls
Auxiliary input jack
Gray front seat bolsters
Gray seat stitching and front seat Frontier logo

Note: SV badge deleted.

·
Registered
2012 SV 4WD
91 Posts
If you're looking to stay with stock wheels for 18", the "Sport" trucks sold in 2012 or so had 18". They had "FRONTIER" and some striping emblazoned on the sides at a 30 degree angle.

A coworker has one. I don't think that she realized that the grille color, rear bumper color, wheels, and the decals were really the only thing "sport" about the truck.
Aw, c’mon! Show some love for the “Funky Fronty”!

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts