Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After buying my new Frontier albout 3 weeks ago, I FINALLY had the chance to clean it a bit this weekend and take some pictures before dark yesterday evening - enjoy, fellow Frontier owners! In three weeks, I have done a decent amount of "lighter" mods listed below, mostly external. I did add two internal mods as well to whip the audio into shape.

Here are the mods I have done so far (first 3 from Brian at www.yournissanparts.com):
- Added OEM fog lights, trim pieces, and new switch/steering column stalk
- Added OEM color-keyed storm gray body-side moldings
- Added OEM front and rear splash guards
- Added Extang Freedom tonneau with black polymer snaps
- Added factory-match metallic tint for both front windows
- Added 13" rubber stubby replacement antenna whip
- Removed all dealer badging (ugh) - tailgate logo, front and rear license plates and license plate frames (I loathe the free advertising they stick on your new baby)
- Added Dual XDMR-7700 CD/MP3/XM head unit (needed for XM radio integration and iPod AUX imput, plus a remote control)
- Added Alpine tweeters in empty factory dash locations after fabbing some 1/8" MDF cover plates

Waffling on whether to remove the "Frontier" and "SE" logos from the tailgite. I like them since they are chrome and slick looking, but it would be a bit cleaner with them gone. Opinions?

Now that the "easy" mods are over, thinking about a custom exhaust and dual tips and possibly a CAI unit. A drop hitch will come next Spring when I need to start towing a few things.

I have to say adding the factory fog lights was the easiest upgrade I have ever performed. I love that the lights are basically plug and play (since the factory wires are already there) and the stalk replacement took less than 4 minutes. Very awesome. Thank god Nissan makes it so easy.

Ok, enough babbling - here are the pics from this evening...I sized the pics at 640x480 for ease of viewing in this post.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Almost...went for the crew cab

Saved quite a bit by going for the king cab, although the crew would have been nice. I carry cleaning equipment though, and I needed the 6-foot bed (evert inch of it).

Thanks - it's great to have found this board! the head unit (which I did install just this last Friday) is awesome for the price - I just sent up a complete review in the "interior mods" section.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts