Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, Very happy owner (3 months) of a Nissan 2016 SL with crew cab, automatic transmission. My wife and I just purchased a Winnebago Micro Minnie 22 foot travel trailer, to be picked up in two weeks.
I understand we may be living on the edge of acceptable regarding towing the TT. The travel trailer has a dry weight of 3705 pounds, and has a dual axle.
I am just getting up to speed on tongue weight, axle weight ratings, truck GVWR, weight distribution and anti-sway hitches. We did go with a 4 point sway control weight distribution hitch, and an electric brake controller to be installed on the Frontier dash.
I cannot seem to find any specs in the Frontier owner manual for gross rear axle rating, axle ratio and transmission characteristics.
I would appreciate any feedback from Club Frontier members with travel trailer experience.
thanks,
Phil

·
Registered
741 Posts
Hi All, Very happy owner (3 months) of a Nissan 2016 SL with crew cab, automatic transmission. My wife and I just purchased a Winnebago Micro Minnie 22 foot travel trailer, to be picked up in two weeks.
I understand we may be living on the edge of acceptable regarding towing the TT. The travel trailer has a dry weight of 3705 pounds, and has a dual axle.
I am just getting up to speed on tongue weight, axle weight ratings, truck GVWR, weight distribution and anti-sway hitches. We did go with a 4 point sway control weight distribution hitch, and an electric brake controller to be installed on the Frontier dash.
I cannot seem to find any specs in the Frontier owner manual for gross rear axle rating, axle ratio and transmission characteristics.
I would appreciate any feedback from Club Frontier members with travel trailer experience.
thanks,
Phil
I don't know raw frontier #'s, but I can tell you to ignore that dry weight. Dry weight does not include anything installed by the dealer. This may or may not include: Batteries, awnings, AC units, propane, and yes, some dry weights even ignore the spare tire! This is all in the name of selling you the biggest (read: most expensive) rig you can afford.

Most times, assume the thing will be loaded to the max will all your gear, and go by the GVWR of the trailer to figure out if you can pull it or not.

I can also tell you that Frontier's don't handle trailers with a large frontal area well, they tend to get yanked around, at least mine did...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts