Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys...I'm stoked to join up here. I have been looking to replace my 2005 GMC Canyon for a while and have been waiting for the perfect Frontier. Yesterday I found a 2006 Frontier 4x4 Nismo. Up here in Canada the used-pickup market is painful because our dollar is so low to the USD which means dealers can export to the US and make way more profit. I found this beauty about 7 hours from me in Quebec. I've put a refundable deposit on it and am headed out Friday to see it and hopefully drive her home.

The Carproof looks good. She is high on miles at 239k km (143k miles) but has had a full inspection and only needs new rear brake pads. Our vehicle inspections up here are pretty hardcore. The dealer is going to to fix the brakes and add heated seats.

There are 2 small rust spots on rear fender (pencil eraser size) and a small wear-tear on door side of drivers seat. Non smoking vehicle, no leaking shocks or joints, paperwork with all dealer oil changes.

What else should I look for or inquire about when I see it on Friday? You guys are the experts, let me know anything you think I should sniff out before I sign the dotted line!

Cheers to my early Christmas gift!

Nismo01.jpg

Nismo03.jpg

Nismo06.jpg

Nismo11.jpg

Nismo12.jpg

·
Rogue Admin
2007 LE 4x4 Crew Cab Long Box
13,804 Posts
Welcome to CF from a fellow Canuck. I would make sure that the radiator has been replaced as they are known to leak on the earlier models. If the by-pass was not done prior, that leak was known to take out the tranny. Have a look under the radiator cap - see if there is any sign of a 'milkshake'. You can search by-pass and milkshake - lots to learn.

·
Registered
397 Posts
...from the pics she looks great, check a few things in person and welcome to the board!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey welcome to the CF, from which part of Quebec are you ? I'm living in Sherbrooke !

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
105 Posts
I would second the radiator issue. Inquire as to its replacement or look to see if a bypass was done. Replacing the transmission is an expensive proposition. Ask me how I know... Unless it's a manual. If it is, I understand that the problem didn't happen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So when the full inspection got done, it turned out to need a bit more work.

It needs the following work: R outer tie rod, all new rotors and pads, new rear backing plates, new rear parking brake shoes, new rear axle seals and bearings.

I got them to take $3500 off. I think I got a good deal. I drove her home last week and she is in the shop now.

For any other Canadians out there, I found a Canadian equivilent to Courtesy Parts. Their website is:Nissan Parts - Home and its run by Aldi Nissan in Quebec. They offer free shipping for Canadian orders over $500. Prices are great. All the parts I needed cost me $1267 and my local dealer wanted $2364. Crazy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am actually in Barrie, Ontario, but I got the Frontier from Sherbrooke Nissan! Small world!
Small World for sure, even if you did a long road to get your frontier down there in Sherby... But who am I to judge, I got mine from Nissan Sept-iles, far from being close to my hometown ! Since how long do you own you frontier ?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts