Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this site. It seems to be the best one out there for our trucks. Too bad there aren't more members. I've had my electric blue 2005 KC NISMO 6spd 4x4 for just over a month now and I love it. Does anyone know if you can get the roof rack on a king cab roof, or just the crew cab? I want to use the bars to hold up the front half of a canoe/ladder/ random long stuff.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Welcome to the forum, sorry I can't answer your questions, but I know there are some out there with suggestions. See you around the boards.

Cliff

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I bought a second rack for my cap. Had to shorten it by about 8" to get it to fit right. Inserted a couple of pieces of half dowel inside the tubes, shimmed them (for stiffness) and joined them using a plastic coupler from a Nutone whole house vacuum system. Works and looks pretty good. I've been carrying an 8' wooden ladder on top for almost 4 years. Had a 40' extention ladder on there, but I wouldn't recommend it. Check my pictures in the gallery.
Oh, yeah, welcome to the forums.

·
Registered
62 Posts
TwoBills said:
I bought a second rack for my cap. Had to shorten it by about 8" to get it to fit right. Inserted a couple of pieces of half dowel inside the tubes, shimmed them (for stiffness) and joined them using a plastic coupler from a Nutone whole house vacuum system. Works and looks pretty good. I've been carrying an 8' wooden ladder on top for almost 4 years. Had a 40' extention ladder on there, but I wouldn't recommend it. Check my pictures in the gallery.
Oh, yeah, welcome to the forums.
the 40' might be fun to watch! LOL

·
Registered
29 Posts
Does anyone know if you can get the roof rack on a king cab roof, or just the crew cab?
I was wondering the same thing. Eventually I will need one for my skis when i take my truck to sugar mountain or some place to go skiing. Otherwise I will just lock my skis in the back of my truck.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Wow check all the VA guys joining today.

Does anyone know if you can get the roof rack on a king cab roof, or just the crew cab?
Yuki in VA Beach was able to modify a factory roof rack to a KC.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Welcome and enjoy.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Welcome to CF!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts

·