Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys - Im a new Navara owner (thats what we call it in the UK)

I got the top spec one (we call it the Aventura) which comes as a double cab (ie seats 4 adults properly, with 4 doors)

Already trying to mod it - its only got 600 miles on the clock! :)

Im trying to add on a reversing camera / video input (I run a small off road filming company where we film off the back of a truck...)... more of this later.

Guy <---- my name - not what I am.. :roll:

·
Registered
361 Posts
A company truck, all mods are free and tax deductable.

Talk about the dream situation!!

And welcome from the other side.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys..

There seem to be a few differences - you get a chrome bumper - we get body coloured. You get sat radio - we have 'digital radio' availible here - but its not an option on the Navara... The govt are turning off analogue radio in a few years - all of it - FM and AM - and its all being replaced with ground transmitted digital radio - I guess this is a bit like your XM - but on the ground (smaller country, dont need a satellite to transmit it!

Theres no hill ascent / decent option here...

there are NO after market parts availible - well theres an ally bed liner (ordered already :p ) a truckman type top (again - already ordered)

Suspension? hahhahhaha

styling hahhahahhaaa

customer service? You must be kidding

Oh - and I paid (at todays exchange rates) 37,251 US dollars on the road. I didnt pay VAT (tax) at 17.5%.... but we do pay 90p/litre for diesel (1.58 a litre = ?6 dollars? a gallon ?)

Heres a small request - If I paypal'd someone on here - would they be willing to ship stuff over to me? Most US companies dont ship overseas (the USA is the world, dont you know - see what other countries play in your baseball world league.. :D ) - so I cant get half the stuff you get...

Any hoo - later..

Guy

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
I'd bet if you ask david from premier trucks and jason fron burtman industries they would ship to you, no problems. I would help you out, in return if you can find out the price of the headlights on the navara for me.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Hi there.

I don't know how old this post is but for what it's worth 4x4parts.com ship everywhere, the shipped a suspension kit to me in South Africa.

Regards
Peter

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Hi Guy
Greets from Downunder
Courtesynissan.com will ship to Australia so dare say they will ship to the UK

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there,
I am thinking of the same mod as my wife drive's the truck as much as I do lol...
I also will be towing a horse box a lot so a rear cam would be good for hitching up.
I am looking at the ripspeed in dash dvd player with pop up screen and there cam to drill in to the rear bumper.
the dvd player is £299 and the cam is £117 i think.

Dave.J.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
I am actually thinking bout putting my rear facing camera in the tailgate where the US trucks have the lock. If it all works out it should be a perfect fit and not stand out too much at all.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Aussie Frontier said:
I am actually thinking bout putting my rear facing camera in the tailgate where the US trucks have the lock. If it all works out it should be a perfect fit and not stand out too much at all.
I thought about that, but i placed it next to the hole where you put the winder for the spare tyre. Up in the "keyhole" faces up more than down, and placing a camera there wont give a decent view directly behind.

Mine shows (at a minimum) the ground 0.5m from the bumper, and a distance the width of the tail lights at 0.5m from the back. As well I can see the tow ball for lining up the trailer ;)

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Hi Lon
Long time no see
The cam I currently have is a very wide angle jobby anyway so thought would give that a try anyway
I was actually thinking about adding a second cam there as well as when I have the tailgate down at the racetrack then I figure will be best to see out the back not the ground directly under the tailgate lol
The other place i thought of looking into was the number plate lights. I figured might be worth a look see if can mod something small to fit there

1 - 18 of 18 Posts